Re: I need your opinion please! (and some patience, its long to explain)

at that particular site, the terms of sale are specific. the seller HAS to give you the terms, if they say the item is IN STOCK and it is not, they have broken their agreement.

he is trying to scare you off and give you the runaround about moving, knife shows and the like. if they cant handle the auction part of the business then they need to stop. besides, changing the item description because "its not practical" is just not good enough. thats like me having a listing saying i have 30 of something in stock, but the next time i only have 13... i have to change that no matter how tedious it gets.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I think the seller's reasons sound legit.
I noticed that the dates on many of these messages are the same, just at different times. Your seller may be irritated by so many messages, especially when they are still waiting for the stuff to come in.

I agree that they should have listed honestly concerning their inventory.... whether it be "in stock - ready to ship" or "guaranteed shipment". (now or later)

I would back off a little, give them some time, and ask for updates about once a week. I know you're very eager to see that cardboard box show up at the door, but it's obvious they just don't have it yet. You have the agreement to look back on, and a thorough record of e-mails if anything goes wrong.

As it is, all I see is a misunderstanding over inventory and a very eager buyer. I don't have a UC1454, but from the pics I've seen, I would be very anxious to recieve if I ordered it, too. Especially since it is an LE!

Pressuring the seller now could actually make things worse. Go easy on them -- for now.
Best of luck to you!

if you have paid via Paypal, you can also make a complainton paypal.com with the reference of your e##ay transaction, it is a more strong way to persuade the seller to make more efforts...
UC Sting ; UC Sting Scabbard ; UC Glamdring ; UC Narsil ; UC Shards of Narsil (2735/5000) ; UC MC Sting (323/3000) ; UC MC Glamdring (105/1000) ; UC Anduril UE + scabbard ; UC Herugrim ; UC Uruk-Hai Scimitar ; Kropserkel Gondorian Vambraces ; IndyProps Redbook of Westmarch ; IndyProps Thror's Map ; NC Crown of Elessar ; NC Evenstar ; NC Phial of Galadriel ; MR The One Ring of Sauron 1887/2500 ; Danbury Minas Tirith & Barad Dur ; Knife of Sharkû the warg rider; The Sauron sized One Ring ; Albion Armorers Conan's Atlantean Sword (61/1000)
my props collection : http://www.yourprops.com/view_items.php ... e=oldtobby

I'm glad you posted his final post so that we all see the name of his company AND NEVER EVER ORDER FROM SUCH A BLATANT JERK!!!! I'm glad you got your money back, though.

There's a basic concept of business in the US that is fortunately not followed as often as it used to be. It's called "the customer is always right." It doesn't necessarily mean that if the customer fails to follow clearly stated rules, you have to accede to his wishes, but it does mean you treat the customer with dignity and respect at all stages of the process. That guy became snotty with you very early on, even while it was evident that he was giving you the run-around. Beyond that, he should have refunded you the second you said you didn't want to wait for the item to come into stock. Typically, with normal mail-order businesses (not fly-by-night e-businesses), your credit card is not charged until the item is in stock. You should never have had to ask for a refund to begin with, as you should not have been charged until they were ready to ship.

All told, this is why I avoid sites like "that auction site." I'm glad this worked out relatively ok for you, Jarveye, but just reading that guy's responses makes my blood boil (as if you couldn't tell :rolleyes :) .
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

All I have to say is, what a joke, is this guy for real? And he doesn't consider himself ignorant or arrogant? He really ought to look up the definitions of those words and find himself staring back given what he said in his reply to you. Nice to see he considers the opinions of others to be less than contemptible in his view. I guess as far as he is concerned, we're nothing but silly little ants, put on this planet to do nothing more than line his pockets with money.

You did the right thing. His false bravado-filled rant is more than enough proof that he *does* care about the negative strike or he would have thought little more of it an moved on, unconcerned. Typically, jerks like that always have to get the last intimidating word in and try and make you feel like your actions are inconsequential and are doing nothing to hurt them. I say bullcrap. Stick it to him, and well done.

he just took the time to boast on himself... we all know the gondorian shield is hard to come by and we more than likely know it will sell again... this is all it would have taken on his part:

"dear so and so,

sorry about the miscommunication, the item was in stock, but we put too many listings to cover our inventory, if you would like to wait, then we will ship one out to you as soon as we can, if not we will be happy to refund your money"

that simple.

i am glad it worked out for you

if i could make an example of this situation... although i have purchased from ebay (not swords, but other things) and have been 100% satisfied, it only takes one jerk to ruin it, this is why we, as forum moderators, do not condone using ebay
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

What a relief!
It's good to see the strike removed. That refund was also pretty quick. Like Mr. Lewis said, he probably won't have too much trouble selling it. Hopefully he won't list it as "in stock" this time. (Unless, of course, it actually is) It's nice to have everything sorted out....

....except for....

You're still loking for a UC1454 though, huh?
Derek (1stknightswords) has one listed on eBay, at a lower price, too. Apparently, he'll ship to Europe, too. Here's the item number: 6617646840

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Urambo Tauro on Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thats the first long thread I've sat and read through. I must say congrats on getting your money back and hopefully the lesson you dearly learned. Forget about the auction sites. I'm convinced they are getting more and more corrupt every month. Its a shame because it could provide a very good service.

But back to this moron. What a dick. How ignorant can you be? In business for 23 years? He acts as though he is ten years old. I've lost $650 off of an auction site in Novemeber and am still waiting for action to be settled.
STAY OFF OF AUCTION SITES

Return to “Reviews & Articles”