Re: UC Anduril Unlimited Quality

Anduril was the first sword I ever purchased, almost a year and a half ago (I think it might be longer than that, actually...) and I have yet to see any problems with it. Mine's been on the wall pretty much ever since I received it, but it has gone through a couple of moves and I take it down regularly to clean it. I have yet to see any stability problems with it.

I'm actually quite impressed with the quality of the piece. As long as you take relatively good care of it, you'll be fine.

Tommy B. wrote:Does any one know if there's a stability issue with the UC Anduril sword? I saw a thread on here where one had a broken pommel.

I know it's just a display sword and I don't plan on hitting anything with it, but I am curious.

Thanks
The member who broke the pommel, was trying to twist it off, and unfortunately messed up (Kit Rae gave an e xp lanation a couple years ago e xp laining how to take the pommel off of anduril). There was another person who broke their pommel off of narsil, but that was posted on another forum, and I do not remember an e xp lanation on how he/she managed to break it, or if they received it like that.

UC's swords are pretty sturdy, and usually the most common defects are small scratches on the blade (Ive also found some minor scratches on the pommel on my narsil and anduril), or that the ruins are a pit off-center. Don't let this discourage you from buying anything though, the LOTR line truly has some magnificent and well made pieces.
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Yeah, that was my UC1267 Narsil that I broke the tang when I tried twisting off the pommel. It was the correct way to dismount the sword, but it needs to be heated first to loosen the glue.

You can read more in this thread, but in a nutshell I used way too much force when all I needed to do was heat it up.

There is no "stability issue" with the piece, but don't consider it a "fully functional sword". It is a veryvery high quality veryvery well-made display piece and goes far beyond the call of duty in terms of what it is made for.

I have read elsewhere of someone being pleased with their UC1265 Glamdring and how it holds up to light sparring. [emphasis]Light sparring.[/emphasis] Because the Narsil/Andúril has a stronger tang than the UC1265, I am confident to put even more trust in it.

Return to “Reviews & Articles”