Re: new wk dagger beef

[quote=""rick cottontree""]for the sake of argument i am re-posting this in a separate thread--

"just received my wk dagger and i have to say i am a bit disappointed. i posted pics of it in the gallery. my first impression when i opened the box was, 'good grief it LOOKS just like plastic'. i had to ping it to assure myself it was steel. look at the close up pics and the brush strokes of the material to age and protect the steel are painfully evident. from across the room it looks great, but it sure looks like a rush job...."

i realized i have another uc complaint- i have a hadhafang and a strider elven knife with splits in the wood handles, has this happened to anyone else??
comments please...[/quote]

My hadafang has a crack in the handle as well but I have herd that this is an ongoing issue with both of these. UC might address this issue but probably only on the new items and not the old ones :angry:

If you contact them let us know what you find out.

Also you could try and age the blade on the Morgul dagger with a diluted black paint wash.

Re: new wk dagger beef

Well, I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed Rick, and I hope you are able to replace it, or receive a refund. Despite that though, from you pictures, I just can't help but marvel at UC's pitting on the blade. It looks fantastic. And I also like the fact that they are numbering them too.

You and N2 are not alone with your cracking wood handles, there has been several threads here discussing this problem. That and the chipping Gandalf staffs, clicking witch king swords, tight strider scabbards, and deformed sauron helms, among other problems. I don't know what you can do about it, hopefully UC can chime in on your specific issue. It looks like the only sword manufacturer's that don't have any quality control problems are the ones that actually make their swords in the U.S.
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Return to “Reviews & Articles”