Re: Is the Glamdring Blue scabbard any good?

I have the blue scabbard am very pleased with it. Not much to say about it other than that it is very well made, my Glamdring fits inside perfectly, and the blue leather is an exact match for the hilt.

I did not buy the white scabbard because I didn't think the blue hilt would make a good contrast with it. Also, I read in other reviews that the white leather isn't exactly leather, more like that fuzzy suede that you have on Sting's scabbard, which would be disappointing for me. Someone please correct me if this info is wrong.
This Space for Rent

Well i did prefer the blue one but wanted to get the white one to go on display too. I dont think I will now because white suede will be even harder to keep clean. I have put my name down for the blue scabbard when it comes in stock to my nearest dealer, they said it would be around 3-4 weeks. I am also gonna try and get Glamdring before christmas.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

I know this message is a late addition to the post... just thought I'd offer my opinion.

I own both the blue and white scabbard and have them both on display inside my MC Glamdring case. I agree that the suede is a small drawback but I believe it makes the blue jewel and handle pop so much more. The suede has actually rubbed off on the red felt inside of my display case but wasn't all that difficult to clean. I love the blue leather scabbard but I feel like the white one is much more elegant.
Movie Reproductions: Museum Collection Glamdring #374/1000, Blue & White Glamdring Scabbards, 2 Mini Glamdrings, Museum Collection Sting #2041/3000, Sting Scabbard, Mini Witchking Sword, House of Flying Daggers Sword of Jin & Leo, Pirate Cutlass Scimitar Sword, Pirate Cutlass Scimitar Sword (Cup Hilt),

Japanese Blades:
Naginata (Full Tang, Hand-Forged, AISI 1060 High Carbon Steel, & Wood Saya) 2 Katanas (Full Tang, Hand-Forged, AISI 1060 High Carbon Steel, & Wood Sayas) 1 Katana (Full Tang, Hand-Forged, Folded Steel & Wood Saya) 2 Shirasaya Katanas (Full Tang, Hand-Forged, Heat Tempered 1045 high carbon steel, Wood Sayas)

Return to “Reviews & Articles”