Should I get the sting scabbard?

Hi everyone.

I contacted my local dealer about the Scabbard for sting. He said he only had 2 left and that he wouldn't be ordering more anytime soon. Can you tell me is this scabbard going back into production with the sword? I am worried coz I wanna get it but don't know wether i should wait.

I am going to buy sting sometime in Jan or Feb.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Re: Should I get the sting scabbard?

Catch 22.

I don't think the scabbards are coming back, but then again, what do I know? If it was me, I wouldn't wait and I'd scoop up one of them now rather than take the chance that they disappear. They may cost a little more than a newly-produced one from UC, but what if they don't make them anymore? You'll be kicking yourself for not picking one up when you had the chance... :P
This Space for Rent

Hi Valkrist!

I have placed the order and he gave me the delivery for free. The overall price of the scabbard is only £65 which is roughly around $108 (USD) Which isn't bad over here in england.

I'm putting money away to save for sting after christmas. I know that sting is one of the swords they are bringing back but i wasn't sure about the scabbard so I've bought it.

Valkrist do you know a link to a decent review on sting?

a good question,elvenguard 13.
buy the scabbert now.(old uc comperny).while you still have the chance.

i do have a question,as well here ,does the sting scabbert fits the mc sting,and does the galmdring scabbert fits the mc glamdring sword ??
unfortunaly thise two swords didn`t came whit scabberts. :(

eny one ? in here tryed this out ?.

thanks for the reply,to my quest.elvenguard13

i dont have much of a lotr collection,but i have the mc swords and the walking axe of gimli.

i rather have two of the best made swords in the line ,rather than six of the reguler swords.but its just me,dont worry about it. :crazy:

thise swords needs scabberts,i think.and wont ruin by buget,i belive i am abel to order this from outside contry whit out any truble,do the laws. :thumbs_up

Both swords fit very well into scabbards, but when displayed all together, it's
obvious those are two different classes; MC swords are a bit more refined,
and it's quite visible. Nevertheless, I'm gonna keep them next to the blades
when the time comes.

To answer question from the title: yes, buy it while you still can.

I got it today! I love it. I know people weren't to happy about them using suede instead of the leather but I personally think its quite attractive. My scabbard came with the suede strap.

I was also suprised at how big it was. I know its small but I was e xp ecting it to be even smaller. My only concern at the moment is that when i get the sword what happens if it doesn't fit properly? I am really worried about this but i would have never forgiven myself for not buying it when I had the chance.

Has anyone had any problems with there sting fitting into its scabbard. I know people had problems with the striders ranger sword scabbard but I've never seen anything about these scabbards not fitting.

Oh and I would post pics but my camera sort of e xp loded.

Suede strap?!? What suede strap?

So the new(ish) Sting scabbard comes with a strap now? I got one from the first production run and it had no strap. I think they did the same thing with the ranger sword scabbard. The original had no straps to attach to a belt, but later versions had it added it in. Unfortunately, no option was made to original buyers to just obtain the straps separately.

I hate it when companies do this. Talk about leaving your customers out in the cold. :angry:
This Space for Rent

Hi valkrist.

Sorry about your scabbard not having the suede strap. They should have done something about that for the people who had bought the first ones. There is one good point: Your scabbard is from the first production run and will likely sell for more than mine if we were to ever put them up for sale.
Last edited by Lindir on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, even the older versions of the scabbard have that slot on the top metal fitting for the belt to go through, but this talk of an actual suede strap (which I assume has loops on either end) is news to me. Not that I have any intention of wearing Sting on a belt in the foreseable future, but I'm still annoyed that UC makes these little improvements here and there and doesn't offer these accessories on the side as an option to those stuck with the original product.

As an example I already mentioned, the first versions of the ranger scabbard come with straps and adjustment buckles, but the other end that attaches to the belt with loops is missing. Conversely, the scabbards for Anduril and Glamdring don't have this problem, even the early versions. Makes me wonder what UC was thinking. :huh:
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Elvenguard13""]Hi Valkrist!

I have placed the order and he gave me the delivery for free. The overall price of the scabbard is only £65 which is roughly around $108 (USD) Which isn't bad over here in england.[/quote]

$108 US?! The dude ripped you off, mate. I've seen quite a few of them on eBay for about $40-60 USD :|

Yeh it still has the belt loop on the back of the scabbard but the strap is for support so that if your running the sword isn't gonna fly out of the scabbard coz it will be kept straight.

And curinir I know that the scabbards are cheeper on ebay but I've had some really bad e xp eriences with ebay. I thought I was buying an official Zar'roc sword from eragon and it turned out to be just a normal sword. I payed £200 for it. Luckily I managed to get my money back. I was seriousley angry about that because I cant seem to find anywhere in the UK that sells Zar'roc and I thought I'd finally found someone.

But I'd rather pay the extra for something I know that is definatly going to be official and is actually what I am after. Oh and on top of that I would have had to pay import duties for the scabbard if I were to buy it from the international ebay.

Return to “Reviews & Articles”