Which sword should I get next?

I'm set to get some money at the end of Febuary and decided that I would buy another sword. I was set to get sting but I recently checked with the dealer and he said that he won't be getting sting back in anytime soon. So now I am stuck and I really want to buy another sword. The swords that are available at my local dealers are:

Anduril unlimited edition (They have the limited edition in but its pricy)
Striders ranger sword
Glamdring the sword of Gandalf
The sword of the Witchking
The sword of eowyn
The sword of Isildur

They also have Gandalfs staff (resin crown) Which I like to but I'll wait to get that.

I was going to get Aragorn's elven hunting knife at christmas but they sold out before I bought and they also sold out THe white knives which I am really dissapointed about.

At the minute I want either Glamdring or Eowyn's sword but then I keep thinking about Anduril. I'd like your opinion and which sword I should go for next.
Last edited by Lindir on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Re: Which sword should I get next?

Thanks for the opinion Thranduil.

I was sort of heading towards getting Glamdring because of how important it is. I consider it to be more important than Anduril.

Speaking of balance: What would you say the balance was on a scale of 1 to 10?

It looks a lot better, the pommel is more accurate as well as the distressed finish on the hilt. It's much more authentic and functional (It depends on what your definition is of a functional sword is). It depends on what you want, if you feel like spending a $1000 for this sword then go for it. I don't own it I just know a lot about it. I personally don't really think it's worth it. I mean it would be awesome to own it but I wouldn't spend that much.

[quote=""BrandalftheBlue""]It looks a lot better, the pommel is more accurate as well as the distressed finish on the hilt. It's much more authentic and functional (It depends on what your definition is of a functional sword is). It depends on what you want, if you feel like spending a $1000 for this sword then go for it. I don't own it I just know a lot about it. I personally don't really think it's worth it. I mean it would be awesome to own it but I wouldn't spend that much.[/quote]

It is settled then. I will buy the MC Glamdring. Thank you.

[quote=""Rough666""]Where do you think you are going to find an MC Glamdring for sale? :huh: [/quote]

An MC Glamdring and an LE Anduril have been offered to me from a member of another collector's forum I visit. The copy he's selling is reserved for me at this time. I will most certainly post pictures of it when I have it in hand.

Yeah like all on here I am a BIG fan of the Rohan collection. Other than the Witchking and Ringwraith sword (which I didn't care too much for even though those are the last two I purchased haha) you really can't go wrong with any. Glamdring is definitely memorable as it has been a part of most of our lives through the stories. Eowyn's is just a beautiful sword. Boromir's sword just has this kick ass feel to it. But Striders has a nice balance to it and you can tell why Viggo carried the damn thing around all over New Zealand even while not shooting.

thanks for the opinions guys.

I rang the dealer yesterday and he told me that he had sold out of Aragorn's ranger sword but he still had Glamdring Eowyn's and the rest and he offered to give me a discount on Eowyn's. So I asked him how long I had left for this offer and he said that i can take as long as I like to decide. He's offering to take £50 of the price and pay for postage and packaging. He said it was coz I was a valid customer and because I had ordered so many things from him lol.

mc glammy is the way to go blu falcon.(just my opinion).
hope you get satisfied whit this great sword ,i can tell you that, i am.dk

i do have a quest to the ofer you got,on the mc glammy ,does it comes whit all it´s asossiatets like (the display case,key for the locker,coa and stuf)make sure its includet.other whise its, a non compleat mc sword.version.of the mc glammy.

[quote=""am.dk""]mc glammy is the way to go blu falcon.(just my opinion).
hope you get satisfied whit this great sword ,i can tell you that, i am.dk

i do have a quest to the ofer you got,on the mc glammy ,does it comes whit all it´s asossiatets like (the display case,key for the locker,coa and stuf)make sure its includet.other whise its, a non compleat mc sword.version.of the mc glammy.[/quote]

There's one latch lock missing on the wooden display case, but other than that it's a complete set.

I just contacted my local dealer and he told me that someone had returned a copy of the elven knife of strider and that they have just received more Legolas' fighting knives.

Has the elven hunting knife of strider been discontinued?

well, if you can get the fighting knives of legolas i say get em!!! they are incredible!!! the detail on the blades....WOW!

if not go for the elven knife of strider or the sword of eowyn, those are two that i dont have but am dying to get...unfortunatly i just put 300 towards the lothlorien bow at HCG so i wont be gettin some sword for a while....

UPDATE:

My friend who works at my dealers store has just phoned to tell me that they have sold Aragorn's elven hunting knife. :'(

But he says he's going to keep me the elven fighting knives back. He also said he has one last striders ranger sword scabbard left.

Which one do you think I should go for.

blu falcon-[QUOTEThere's one latch lock missing on the wooden display case, but other than that it's a complete set. ][/QUOTE]

i dont now about how avalible, this mc glammy is to day.
but it seems, like there a very difficuled catch.

my say is ,if the only truble is a missing ore broking latch,to get the compleate mc glamdring ,and the price is good and fair .i say go for it ,falcon.

dont now if it is posible to get sparpart for the mc -case ,thise days. you can to to contact uc by mail .its worth the try :thumbs_up

i do regets that i dident by the aragon kife while i had the chance,when it was still avalable.damn it :(

[quote=""am.dk""]

i dont now about how avalible, this mc glammy is to day.
but it seems, like there a very difficuled catch.

my say is ,if the only truble is a missing ore broking latch,to get the compleate mc glamdring ,and the price is good and fair .i say go for it ,falcon.

dont now if it is posible to get sparpart for the mc -case ,thise days. you can to to contact uc by mail .its worth the try :thumbs_up

i do regets that i dident by the aragon kife while i had the chance,when it was still avalable.damn it :( [/quote]

I will be paying $750 shipped for the MC Glamdring. Would you consider this a fair deal?

I sold MC Glamdring #360 last year for $1350 USD, shipping included. That was complete with case, C.O.A., key, AND UC Glamdring scabbard. There was minor damage on the case from when it was shipped to me. I think you are getting a great deal if you really want it. I miss owning one, and sometimes regret my decision, but I needed the money at the time. That's the way the cookie crumbles, or so they say.

These swords were hard to find, and now almost impossible. Go for it, Blu.
Head of the Department of Evil, Canadian Division.

"All that Longbottom gave me the munchies."

Well, you're lucky to be able to see the swords in person before buying them, buying swords online often leads to disappointment. If I had to choose, I'd go for the witch king sword, though the glamdring is cool as well. They're both completely different swords, so it all boils down to preference. I have both swords, and the glamdring is the one that feels the most "right" in your hand, but the witch king sword is oh so beautiful.

I will be paying $750 shipped for the MC Glamdring. Would you consider this a fair deal?
this is a god deal blu falcon.if you have the money to spen on this sword go for it. :thumbs_up

i payed 850 $ for my mc glammy .and i did preorderd it before they were made into produktion at the time.i only got this sword, as a god customer price,back then.

non the lees it will cost allmost twiss to get thise days.maby more??

Return to “Reviews & Articles”