Gimli's Battle axe (review)

I received my axe last week and I love it. Got it for a great price to :thumbs_up

Anyways my opinions:
First off bad points (and there is only one):
Its so damn heavy, every time I try to pick it up my arms get pulled out of their sockets :| (lol)

Good points:
Brilliantly re-created. The stamped leather on the handle actually looks like braided leather which is cool! The wooden shaft seems to be solid but as Thranduil has said in one of my other threads, the wood probably wont support the weight of the axe if you decide to swing it about.

Overall 10/10!
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Re: Gimli's Battle axe (review)

Glad you're enjoying your new toy! I also have Gimli's Battle Axe. It is a fine looking weapon, and usually for a great price! Definitly not for "swinging around", as the weight of the axe head is far too great for the handle. Too bad though... ;) lol
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Re: Gimli's Battle axe (review)

Well, Gimli's helmet is really nice... I don't own one, but the place i used to work at carried the LOTR lineup... It was, IMO, one of the nicest helmets they produced. Definitly a nice mix of metal and leather, with a lot of little detail put into it. Not sure why i never bought it. I have Isildur's and WK helms, and wishfully waiting for some Rohan helms ;) lol...
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Return to “Reviews & Articles”