Clash of the Titan's Replicas from NECA - Absolute Garbage

I just saw first hand the replicas of Perseus Swords from the new Clash film at my local knife shop. All I can say is, this is one of the worst pieces of garbage I have ever seen. At over $200, this is a complete ripoff. At $20 this would be a ripoff. These are worse than the worst Pakistan LOTR ripoff you have ever seen.

Sword - A cast metal blade and cast metal handle glued together. Probably aluminum. That's it. Horrible casting detail. I mean, baaad! The finish is two to three colors of spray paint. I don't mean it is plated metal like LOTR with some airbrushed paint effects. I mean it's all SPAY PAINT. No metal showing or metal plating. As if you went to the store, had never painted before in your life, bought some white brown and red spray paint, then attempted to paint your sword from about four feet away dusting each of these colors.

Packaging - Corrugated box, sheets of styrofoam crammed in it around the sword. Not even a custom fitted styrofoam mold, just roughly cut sheets stacked. No printed box graphics. No COA. Nothing.

Display or Scabbard - Includes neither.

I always considered NECA'sprop replicas to be of very low quality, but this in unbelievable. Do not waste any money on this.

Re: Clash of the Titan's Replicas from NECA - Absolute Garbage

I've seen pictures on several websites, some very close up, and I have to agree. These look like something you would find selling for a couple of bucks at someone's garage sale, and you would pass on one at a couple of bucks!

I know we try not to judge another person's tastes here on the forum, but if anyone pays over $20.00 for one of these, they need to be severely slapped and then put away. If anyone here has, sorry to offend, but.....DAMN!
When you get to hell, tell them I sent you! Then apologize on my behalf for the inconvenience!

Return to “Reviews & Articles”