Narcissa Malfoy & Death Eater swirl wands

I received both my wands yesterday and I am very pleased with both of them. Also just a quick note: I put the satin in the wand boxes. The wands come sat in a foam covered plastic holder. I put the satin in out of fear that the plastic holders may begin to rub away the paint.

Narcissa's wand:

The wand I was most excited for. I loved this wand since I first saw the promotional pics of Helen McCory from the Half Blood prince.

The wand follows the same style as Lucius' with the silver adornments. Many people have asked why is Draco's wand so plain when Narcissa's and Lucius' wand have silver on them. Well my theory is that both Narcissa and Lucius started school with just plain wands. Narcissa was part of the Black family so she wouldn't have chosen a wand with silver on it. Once lucius had left hogwarts he would have the snake added on and when Narcissa married Lucius, I think she would have had the silver added onto her wand in keeping with the Malfoy family wands.

So I think that when Draco had left school, he may have had his own personal silver adornments added onto his wand.

Now back to the wand:

The wand is amazing and feels really comfortable when you hold it. The wand is a lot thinner than it appears on the Noble Collection photos, but I still love it.

Death Eater wand (swirl):

I was very excited when I saw the new noble collection catalogue with all these new wands in and the wand I wanted the most was this wand.

The wand is very attractive and it looks like it belongs to a death eater. The skull with the swirls going around it on the wands handle is very cool and is surprisingly comfortable when you hold it in your hand.

Both of these wands come with new style boxes which have the character names on them. Included with the new wands are also little brass plated name tags that you clip onto the new display stands.

Overall I am very pleased with these wands and I am hoping to buy Alecto Carrow's wand in a few weeks time (another wand I really like the look of)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Lindir on Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Re: Narcissa Malfoy & Death Eater swirl wands

Nice buy, EG, and good pics. :)
They look much better than the photos in the NC Catalogue.

(And they look a zillion times better than those sticks on the trees in Sedhal's back yard :D )

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Re: Narcissa Malfoy & Death Eater swirl wands

[quote=""Curunir""]I have to say I'm quite fond of Neville's.[/quote]

Yes I rathe like that wand as well. Will be picking that one up hopefully soon. I want Alecto Carrow's first though, i really like the twisted vine handle. Hopefully they'll do Amycus Carrow's wand (Alecto's brother)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Return to “Reviews & Articles”