Re: BudK

[quote=""N2darkness""]That would be great! I really wanted UC to make the staff of Gandalf the Grey. I can't wait to see what other wonderful things you guys come up with![/quote]
We won't be doing the same staffs from LOTR, I'm just saying we want to do staffs from The Hobbit :)
Last edited by Nasnandos on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
KRDS

I'm with you BC. I've often thought if I went broke my sword collection would be the last thing to go, and I picture myself in a carboard box with my swords stacked all around. Just remember though, being as we live in Texas, we must find fire proof boxes, since most of the state is going up in flames! :thumbs_up
When you get to hell, tell them I sent you! Then apologize on my behalf for the inconvenience!

[quote=""BladeCollector""]Kit, you are going to one of the reasons I am going to be homeless with a massive LOTR/Hobbit, as well as your line and Hibben line collection hanging in my cardboard box house!

I literally have no more room to display, I am going to have to come up with a new way of displaying I guess.
[/quote]

I know the feeling. I'm trying to figure a way to safely hang katanas on my ceiling :)
KRDS

Rev, in the movie, Gandalf has to change staffs when his first one is left behind in Orthanc after he is made a prisoner by Saruman. His first staff had a holder for his pipe. The second one has the light crystal.

Technically, this could have happened in the book, though it is not described. It is unlikely Saruman would have let Gandalf retain his staff while captive, but that is a discussion for another thread. ;)
This Space for Rent

Reading carefully what Kit said, UC won't do the same staffs they did for LOTR, meaning they won't repeat Saruman's staff, and the White staff won't return either as it won't even appear in the Hobbit.

What this means is that we will likely see UC produce one or both of Gandalf's Grey staffs (not sure which one he will use in the Hobbit, and if we will see both,) and possibly Radagast's staff. I seriously doubt Saruman will have a different staff from LOTR, and this accounts for all three wizards, thus we will probably get two, possibly three staffs (two being Gandalf's.)
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Valkrist""] and possibly Radagast's staff.[/quote]

I was just gonna say that. I can't wait to see what that'll look like. It will probably be all nice and gnarly, nature looking you know?

I like the sound of these dwarven "Sting sized" swords. I can fit two staffs and a bunch of Sting sized things on my designated The Hobbit wall. As for the stuff from movie two...well, what were you saying about hanging swords on the ceiling? :P
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

The real challenge is to make the staff of Radagast that will be original and at a first glance visibly different than the staff of Gandalf. The first staff of Gandalf, before Orthank, (which will Gandalf use in The Hobbit I guess) is very gnarly and nature looking already so Radagast needs something in the same style but different and original enough :huh:

As for "Sting sized" swords I'm not specially fond of them...I'm more excited about "big weapons" from the second movie :crazy:
I hope that there will be some human swords beside dwarven and elvish ones :) But I'm aware that the major human character, Bard is archer... :'(
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present."

Why really is all this talk about Radagast? He is only mentioned in the talk with Gandalf and Beorn, we never see him. Are they writing him into the story more, I just don't see why there would be a staff of someone who pops up in a flashback for two seconds.

Again, this is more appropriate in the Hobbit thread and the issue has been much discussed there, but...

In short, after having been cut from Fellowship of the Ring, Radagast will appear in the Hobbit movies, and his part will have some substance to it. Because PJ is opting to e xp and the backstory and include the White Council meetings and the attack on Dol Guldur, Radagast will feature prominently in those scenes as he was a part of that story. Because Radagast is much concerned with nature and dwelled in southern Mirkwood near the shadow of Dol Guldur, his character should be somewhat vital to that strecth of the movies. Therefore the reasoning that his staff should be seen quite often.
This Space for Rent

You know, I never realized the difference between the two Gandalf Staffs. I just kind of assumed that he somehow retained the old one and never thought anything of it.
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Return to “Reviews & Articles”