Shops all around the world.

Hi Folks,

This is a new tread just only for shops and stores.
If you know a shop in your country or any other country please feel free to put in into this new tread so we all can help each other out to find swords,shields,axes,staven and other things to complete our collection cause you can't find it all on ebay.

I hope you all with me on this one,together we can make it.
I asked Val if that's allright and he give me his blessing so c'mon collectors.

Thanks for watching.

Dark Shadow. :thumbs_up

Re: Shops all around the world.

As I promissed here are several shops from the Netherlands & Belgium & more.

NEDERLAND:

Acme Trendz: website
Atomik: website
Cartoonwinkel: website
Collectables Discounters: website
The Collectors Company: website
Comicasa: website
Comic Toys: website
De Snoek Music: website
D-Toys: website
Dimension Plus: website
Exult: website
De Fantast: website
Fi Donc: website
Gator: website
Heroic Collectibles: website
Het Beeldverhaal: website
Lightspeed Comics: website
Moviemerchandise: website
Nedgame: website *
The Movie Store: website
Star Mars: website
Simtasia: website
Space Odditty: website
Stripbeeldshop: website
Toys Unlimited: website
Tolkienwinkel: website
TCB: website
Twilight Zone: website
vaOz: website
Vision Toys: website
Warp 9: website
Yendor: website

BELGIE:

Captain Hook: website
Celisco Toyz & Collectibles: website
De Cine-Store: website
Freaks Or Geeks: website
Odd World: website

INTERNATIONAAL:

Actionfigure2002: website
Actionfigurenshop: website
Action Figure Xp ress: [url=http://www.actionfigure%20xp%20ress.com]website[/url]
Alter Ego Comics: website
Amoktime: website
Andere Welten: website
Archonia: website
Battle Orders LTD: website
Bigbadtoystore: website
CornerStoreComics: website
Digital Toys: website
Entertainment Earth: website
Epic Heroes: website
Forbidden Planet: website
Heldenshop: website
Heo: website
Intrafin: website
Jedi-Robe: website
Kilu-Shop: website
King of Swords: website
Legendary Heroes: website
La Cité Des Nuages: website
Limited-Movies: website
Lucas Francis Studios: website
Monsters Direct Toys: website
Monsters In Motion: website
Nitrocomics: website
Otherland: website
RoboToys: website
Sideshow Collectibles: website
SPACEart: website
S.P.A.C.E.: website
Spawn: website
Weapon Masters: website
The Collector Zone: website
The Monster Company: website
Tolkientown: website
Toyglobe: website
Toynk: website
Toy-wave: website
Whimsic Alley: website
Why So Serious?: website

[quote=""Valkrist""]Yeah, of the two that I knew here in Vancouver, one is gone, and the other one has stopped selling LOTR items. I got their last Sword of Eowyn and when I asked if they would be ordering the Hobbit weapons, the owner said no. :( [/quote]

Did they say why they wouldn't be ordering the Hobbit weapons? Was it a financial reason or perhaps a lack of interest?

Also I have a few shops for people over here in the UK

Battleorders
Blades-uk
Barringtons-swords
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Sorry EG, totally missed your question.

The manager at the store told me that it was an issue of shelf space, of all things. He said that for every sword box, he can stock six hunting knives. My first thought was that the profit of selling one sword would easily offset the money from those six knives, but the place was very outdoors-geared, and they had some quality equipment there. So I think he was right in that there was more money to be made in ordering smaller, more profitable stock for practical gear rather than to gamble on the collector's market, which can be volatile as we know. :|
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Valkrist""]Sorry EG, totally missed your question.

The manager at the store told me that it was an issue of shelf space, of all things. He said that for every sword box, he can stock six hunting knives. My first thought was that the profit of selling one sword would easily offset the money from those six knives, but the place was very outdoors-geared, and they had some quality equipment there. So I think he was right in that there was more money to be made in ordering smaller, more profitable stock for practical gear rather than to gamble on the collector's market, which can be volatile as we know. :| [/quote]

Yeh I agree with that, its a shame that you can't get the swords nearer to you. I have the same problem, the only sword shops I have come across sell the cheap knock offs and they look even worse in person :angry:
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

[quote=""Valkrist""]To our European members, or even some of you here in North America: has anyone ever ordered from or had any dealings with a vendor in Italy called Avalon? They have the Mirkwood Bow and Bilbo Pipe in stock and their prices are fairly reasonable. Just wondering if anyone can give me any feedback. Thanks. :thumbs_up

http://bottega.avalonceltic.com/index.php?lang=en[/quote]

Hi Val,

I haven't heard of this one, but I have had previous e xp eriences with foreign sites listing items in stock that proved to be long sold out when I finally got through to someone. Have you verified these items are *really* in stock? If so, for those prices, it might be worth the risk. Of course, I have no idea what shipping from Italy would entail for that bow. :|

Hi Poly,

No, I've not followed up on it so far. I totally get what you're saying and I had the dubious pleasure of dealing with a ton of online retailers just this past year that listed a bunch of stuff that hadn't been in stock for years, and those are the ones that even responded. These ones I tried were all in the US, so I'm even more wary of one overseas, but I wouldn't pay a dime for something until I got absolute confirmation that the item is in stock before paying. Their listed shipping for North America is quite reasonable.

Once my current transaction with you is concluded, I plan to start searching for this bow in earnest. There's been a couple on eBay but the asking price has been nothing short of ridiculous. Some people have a zero grip on reality. :rolleye:
This Space for Rent

Hey Val,

The one thing I noticed that gave me pause on their listing for the bow was the drop-down menu giving one the full range of draw weights. That seems highly unlikely. However, if you find they can fill an order for say a 50# draw version of the Mirkwood, PLEASE let me know! :crazy:

Mine version of this is a 30# draw which is ideal for being displayed strung, but a bit light for actual shooting. I am an archer and have several *real* bows. So, having a heavy-draw official Mirkwood would be highly desirable! :thumbs_up

Well, that's the thing: I don't know in what draw strengths this bow was originally made, so I have no way of telling if those numbers are legit or not. How many versions (draw weights) of the bow were there?

My current conundrum, provided I can even find someone selling this bow for a reasonable price, be it this shop or someone else, is that I want mainly to display it. Based on what you are saying about yours, the lowest draw weight would be preferable for this. However, if I ever want to take it down and fire it, the higher draw would be better. Still, as Deimos pointed out elsewhere, if you keep a bow strung for a very long period of time, you should never attempt to fire it after. I think I should just resign myself to putting it up on the wall and enjoying it as a display piece. :P
Last edited by Valkrist on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Valkrist""]Well, that's the thing: I don't know in what draw strengths this bow was originally made, so I have no way of telling if those numbers are legit or not. How many versions (draw weights) of the bow were there?[/quote]

As far as I know, the bow was originally available in weights from 30# to 50# in increments of 5#. So: 30#, 35#, 40#, 45#, 50#. So, their list is accurate as far as that goes with the exception of not listing the 30# option. Perhaps many people bought the lightest draw in order to display it strung and they actually have these higher draw weight versions in stock. I'm not sure what to think. Have you attempted to contact them yet to inquire?

Not yet.

I was going to and then our bargain was struck and I decided to wait. It's a double-edged sword because if they do have the bow and I wait too long, it will surely be gone soon, unless they have a stash of them. The bow was originally made in Italy, which is where this shop is located, so maybe they had special access to the stock from the manufacturer? Who knows... but I plan to find out in a few short weeks. :thumbs_up
This Space for Rent

Return to “Reviews & Articles”