Glamdring question

Wow, its been a long time since I posted here. I lurk daily though. Ok so I was admiring my UC glamdring sword the other day and put it in its scabbard. It got stuck and when I pulled on it the pommel came off. To my suprise there was no tang at all. The pommel and handle are completly hollow. Is this how they were all made? How was this sword held together?

Re: Glamdring question

That's surprising, to say the least! I'll be extra careful with my Glamdring, seeing as the blade in mine is a tad loose. I can't see UC cutting that big of a corner when making their LotR swords, perhaps you have a defected one? If you look at Thranduil's photos of his ripped apart HEWS, you can see that that sword has a huge tang on it. I can't imagine that one sword would be made with a full tang and another in the same line be made with no tang at all. Very curious indeed. :huh:
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Ok so I got out my drill and drilled out the epoxy residue and found the swords tang about half way down the handle. So was the pommel just held on with glue? There was quite a bit inside of it and the sword handle. I thought all UC swords had threaded thangs that went into the pommel.

they should, I saw a picture on another website and the tang was threaded so you might just have a goof if I were you I would ask for another one from wherever you bought it
 ! Warning
The signature picture extension is not installed.
Its a Trap-admiral ackbar

Return to “Swords”