Anduril and Narsil

So of course there is the obvious difference no runes on the fuller on narsil but what about everything else do they feel the same or are there other nuances that change the look and feel to it
 ! Warning
The signature picture extension is not installed.
Its a Trap-admiral ackbar

Re: Anduril and Narsil

Just held the two of them for a few long moments in order to answer this question and there was no discernible difference that I could find. As far as looks, like you said, aside from the runes, there is nothing to tell them apart. If you laid them down randomly, closed your eyes, and picked them up without feeling for the texture of the runes on the blade, you wouldn't be able to tell which is which.
This Space for Rent

But there is a HUGE difference between them and the Shards.
The fuller is deeper and more pronounce on the Shard's which reminds me of another alteration I planned for Narsil; to regrind the fuller so the dog gone sword looks like the shards.

This was the first thing that bothered me when I got my shards. It's like; How can this be the broken version of that, when the two aren't even close to resembling each other? :angry:
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

[quote=""Beans22""]do they feel the same or are there other nuances that change the look and feel to it[/quote]

United Cutlery also filled LE Andúril's pommel inscription and the empty jewel
slot (Anar/Sun) with gold. A true nonsense; UE (with bare engraving) is closer
to the original prop (and Narsil) therefore.

I remember Kit Rae once said how he wanted to correct the rune typo in
the fuller, but New Line dictated that replicas have to be 100% accurate,
including that typo. In that case it's quite ridiculous that UC was allowed to fill
engravings (or add those silly stars on Isildur's Sword blade -- there's plenty of
other examples, and we probably cataloged them all in these forums).

Return to “Swords”