Herugrim

Now since there is a mystery behind the rat tail tang united cutlery conspiracy regarding someones recent no tang glamdring and the huge tang elven war sword what about herugrim it looks so sturdy can anyone tell me if it wobbles or feels unsturdy
 ! Warning
The signature picture extension is not installed.
Its a Trap-admiral ackbar

Re: Herugrim

[quote=""Beans22""]Now since there is a mystery behind the rat tail tang united cutlery conspiracy regarding someones recent no tang glamdring and the huge tang elven war sword what about herugrim it looks so sturdy can anyone tell me if it wobbles or feels unsturdy[/quote]

Sturdy in what way?
You mean does it feel sturdy swinging it around and maybe whacking a water jug with it?

I hefted mine when I got it and swung it (no water jug whacking) and it was solid.
Hilts, pommel, everything, no movement or wobble at all.
I bought it new, came in a blue box, was made in Taiwan, and I think I got it in late 2004.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Same with mine, Deimos- don't know what its original box was as I got it used (and I seem to have permanently ruined the brass plating on mine thanks to using it as a weathering guinea pig).

On an off-note, it is without a doubt the most horridly-balanced replica of a one-handed sword I think I've ever held in my life. Not that it matters when it's hanging on a wall, and its design is positively lovely (especially the double-fuller) :D

Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho i 'ruith!

[quote=""Jamanticus""]....its design is positively lovely (especially the double-fuller) :D [/quote]

It has a double fuller? I don't even remember that. :huh:

Well, that's a wakeup call if I ever got one....I really, REALLY need to get all my LOTR swords out of the closet, out of their boxes and onto a wall, and sooner rather than later. :P

I know the feeling, Deimos, I just got mine out myself. As for your swords coming out of the closet, well...that's a personal thing I guess. :P

On Herugrim, I've heard before that it's not balanced at all. I wouldn't know because I can't afford it, but you know how that goes. :(
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

[quote=""Fingolfin""]I know the feeling, Deimos, I just got mine out myself. As for your swords coming out of the closet, well...that's a personal thing I guess. :P [/quote]

Oh, Fin, you are bad....You know, I could have said my swords swing both ways :D

Ok, I need to get them out of storage.

Return to “Swords”