Aragorn's elven knife

Hi all, firstly, thankyou to all who replied to my thread about the Roman Siege, I have ordered a High Elven War Sword from them and it should be here in the UK in a week :) . Now onto my main topic. recently I went home after being away at university for a few months and to my horror, I found that the brass handle on my Aragorn hunting knife has started to corrode, small green/black dots/patches everywhere. As I e xp ected and to my dismay, when I used Brasso to clean it up, the brass plating came away in a few patches! AAAAAA!!

I started to look on the bay and other shops to see if I could find a replacement. When I realised how much they are going for now (3 x what I paid for mine) I knew I couldn't afford it, so I researched brass plating. After days of looking , I realised it was highly unlikely I was going to get it fixed in the UK. What I did find was a company who sell kits called Plug'n'plate, which are supposedly perfect for small amateur projects. I thought I'd give it a try and ordered one. I've just finished using it, and it's even better than I could have hoped! no evidence of any marks ever being there, and I went over the whole thing a few times to build up a thicker layer, to prevent it happening again so easily. Just something to bear in mind if anyone else has a similar problem (I've spent the evening plating anything in sight, my uni flatmate wasn't happy with his brass cutlery)

Re: Aragorn's elven knife

Actually, I've been thinking of doing the same to the hilt and pommel of a custom sword I'm about to make, but decided to just forget about it, as it was sure to be much too complicated for a humble welder. So basically, this is good news =D

How much did you pay for it?
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

Re: Aragorn's elven knife

Omg 66 pounds? that's nothing at all!

And if you could plate it with other stuff as well, that'd be awesome, I'm totally gonna pick up one of those =D
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

Return to “Swords”