Aluminum sword or the hero sword

Recently I was watching lotr the fellowship and watched the weather top battle and I know for fight scenes a lot Viggo would try to use the hero authentic spring steel sword as much as he could but when I watch that battle I see him one handing that big old sword with great speed and accuracy when fighting the weather top ring wraith battle. Watch when Viggo fights that one until it falls off the edge and how fast he is moving the sword does anyone else think it was a light weight aluminum one
 ! Warning
The signature picture extension is not installed.
Its a Trap-admiral ackbar

Re: Aluminum sword or the hero sword

Who knows. Could have easily been the hero prop, however. Like I've told you before, you don't really know what a properly balanced hollow-ground spring steel sword feels like. It's MUCH more maneuverable than your UC replicas. World of difference. Just another misconception, that's all. If you ever pick a real one up someday, you'll easily be able to see Viggo wielding the real deal like that.

That said, it may be aluminum for certain shots when the safety of the stuntman is concerned. But I wasn't on set, so I'm not sure.
-_-

Return to “Swords”