Peter's Sword Chronicles of Narnia

I need some info on Peter's Sword....

I think there is a licensed version. If so who makes it?
What is the quality like? Any issues?
What is a typical price for a new one? For a used one in good condition?

If there is no licensed version, does anyone have any e xp erience with any unlicensed versions?

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Re: Peter's Sword Chronicles of Narnia

I bought a used one from someone on the Shadow and Flame forum a few years ago. It's a decent sword from MR, the blade it polished and so it's slightly more prone to seeing minor defects or scratches. The handle is covered in what seems to be some sort of vinyl that has been stamped. Overall a pretty good replica, slightly smaller than I thought it would be, but it's also a sword for a boy.

Hope this helps - first website i came across with the original licensed stats:
http://www.iloveswords.com/MOV_peters_sword.html
I used to sell this sword in the store i worked at years ago. If i remember correctly, it had a "Made in India" sticker on the blade (?) - so wouldn't surprise me if MR had it contracted out...my guess would be Windlass lol. If that's true - i'm a huge fan of Windlass swords for their price. I was impressed by the sword - it had a good solid feel to it given it's very decorative appearance. Unfortunately i cannot remember it's original MSRP, our selling price, and have not seen any for sale lately...
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Thanks, Buckeye, N2 and Jash :) ... all very helpful info, especially the link Jash supplied.
That gave me the mfr part number: DS-121

[quote=""Jash""]Glad it was helpful! Are you planning on picking one up?[/quote]

Not for myself...never much cared for it.

But the daughter of a friend wants it...she is maybe 14.

I've already brokered some deals to get her a used UC Glamdring and Sting (both from LOTR).
Those were affordable (around $60 and in good shape but no boxes or COAs) because she doesn't have a lot of "disposable income" at that age.

But (after getting answers here ) I warned her that a licensed Sword of Peter will be much more, even if it's used.
Still I will keep an eye out for one. I found a pristine LE Anduril for $150, so miracles do occasionally happen ;)

[quote=""Jash""]lol cheers to you being a great sword buying influence on young teenagers! I bought my first sword when i was 13...and it snowballed lol.

I shall keep a lookout for you as well![/quote]

"Snowballed?".....SNOWBALLED??!! No, Jash...I hate to break it to you, but with you it turned into more like a monster avalanche. :D

And thank you for keeping a lookout for Peter's sword. :)

[quote=""Deimos""]"Snowballed?".....SNOWBALLED??!! No, Jash...I hate to break it to you, but with you it turned into more like a monster avalanche. :D [/quote]

My mom says the same thing lol. I have no idea what the two of you are talking about... *cough...ignore my soon to arrive shipment from Europe *cough :coolsmile
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Return to “Swords”