DSA Anduril Scabbard

Hello, again:

Hope all is well with everyone, and I wanted to draw on your expertise and, possibly, craftsmanship. It has been under my skin for some time, and I'm finally going to scratch and buy one of the remaining DSA Anduril's in about a month before they're gone. Customization is not available, sadly, but I can live without the gold accents, even though I'd love to have the Elvish on the pommel.

But it's the scabbard that drives me nuts. It doesn't look anything like the movie, so I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to modify the basic one that comes with the sword? Obviously it would be a commission build, and I truly would only trust you all with something like this. And having seen the amazing work that has been done in the past, I'm not worried about the honestly or quality.

My email address is mileslegionis@verizon.net, and I'd really love to make this happen.

All the best,

Guy
omnia quae antehoc facta sunt atque iterum factura

'All this has happened before and will happen again'[/font]

Re: DSA Anduril Scabbard

Have you guys ever used Crusader Monk? I've been searching and have run across him more than a few times, and people seem generally very pleased with his work.

Fingolfin wrote:I don't think I've ever heard of him, what sort of work/projects has he done?
http://www.crusadermonk.com/

Looks like he's [temporarily?] suspended ops...
But the gallery is pretty impressive.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

I didn't catch that he was on deployment, which was confirmed. So there's no telling how long he will be gone, and the two other possibilities were quoting twice the cost of the sword itself. So, in the end I opted for the wrapped scabbard with sharpened blade. Later on maybe I can figure out a more appropriate scabbard.

Darksword is selling some less expensive Anduril versions that done have the runes down the fuller, in case anyone is interested. Also, did anyone pick up that Herugrim that was on Ebay recently? I totally missed the auction by an hour, and the darn thing sold for only $85!

Cheers,

Guy

Return to “Swords”