Displaying Aragorn's pauldrons and vambraces

Hi all

I'm hatching a plan to display these on the wall beside Anduril. I'm looking for the MR tunic (with the silver tree), if anyone see one about - please give me a shout.

But I also need to get a short chain mail shirt with long sleeves. Any recommendations? I know nothing about chainmail.

Has anyone managed to display these pieces?

Re: Displaying Aragorn's pauldrons and vambraces

Polyphemus has the entire Aragorn costume x 2 and he has offered to sell it, but I think only as a set. I was in negotiations with him a while back to purchase the pauldrons and vambraces by themselves but had to back off once he agreed to sell the Lorien quiver. I would shoot him a PM and see whether he is still interested in selling the tunic. Never hurts to try,
This Space for Rent

Hi Idril,

Aragorn's chainmail that he wore with his Black Gate armor (white tree/leather tunic) was a type of flattened ring and somewhat blackened in appearance. As for a short size with long sleeves, that may be a bit tricky. As for the tunic, Valkrist is correct, I have 2 sets of the MR Aragorn Black Gates armor:

2 Tunics w/White Tree
2 Black velvet/red satin-lined hooded cloaks
2 Aragorn belts
3 Aragorn cotehardie (2 L/XL & 1 S/M)
2 Sets of Vambraces
2 Sets of Pauldrons

I'm still considering selling one of the complete sets (sans boots/pants), but might consider breaking it up if you are only interested in the tunic because I know Valkrist may still be interested in the armor elements (vambraces/pauldrons). As for sources for your chainmail, I concur that Kult of Athena is a great source and they price their items below MSRP.

If you want to find a number of the MR items still available, you can also check out Mask World in Germany. I believe they contracted with Windlass costumes to continue producing the LotR line, but were not allowed to use the actual names or licensing tags. Regardless, the items are the same. Check out their selection here: http://www.maskworld.com/english/produc ... t--MR-K010

Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss the tunic, etc.

Idril wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:49 am Might work out the perfect match. :)

I did sent a PM Polyphemus- but it seems to be still in my outbox. Hopefully it will get there soon
It sits there until the recipient "opens" it.
I sent one to Buffalo Bill a while back that sat for three weeks :-p ....he apologized for missing it all that time.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Poor photo (Only oner I've got on my phone whilst at work!) But I displayed mine on a mannequin, with a chainmail shirt/fabric Surcoat etc (excuse the WIP belt around the neck)

I was offered this mannequin for free when I walked past a shop that was closing down a few years ago, couldn't believe my luck! I was offered there arms but in my haste to get home and start building a stand, I turned them down. Which means the bracers are on a shelf :p
IMG_2231 copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Perhaps a mannequin torso attached to a nice wooden shelf? Or an idea that I might try myself at a later date, a round wooden pole with a crossbar at shoulder height, the lower part of the pole is fixed slightly away from the wall (like a flag pole holder) - Theodens armour is stored on something like this in the Dunharrow scene where Elrond gives Aragorn Anduril, except his isn't wall mounted. just an idea :)

Idril wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:30 pm Oh that is really great! I was thinking something similar but I want it wall mounted.
If it's still of interest, here's my solution. The vambraces have both only one nail in the leather strip, but each pauldron has four nails in strategic positions to balance everything.

140934473_10217408858085053_8872042007308503160_o.jpg
140849214_10217408857925049_113396686149668944_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Costuming & Prop Making”