Susan's bow from Narnia

Hi everyone!

I was watching Prince Caspian the other day and took a fancy to Susan's bow. After I had finished watching the film (which I love by the way :) ) I went onto Google and searched to see if any companies had made a replica. I was dissapointed to find that none had but there was one bow I saw that claimed to be Susan's bow which looked nothing like it and just more like a typical longbow.

So I decided that I would make my own but it would be non-functional to hang up on the wall. So I am collecting photo's of Susan with the bow and of the bow itself and trying to get every single detail I possibly can. I want to know if anyone has any other information about the bow and I also need to know what the overall length of the bow is when strung.

I hope to start with creating the bow soon after I have done a full scale drawing of it. However money and time constraints may push it back until after christmas :(
Last edited by Lindir on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Re: Susan's bow from Narnia

Hey samwise.

Thanks for the info that really helped. Must write it down. But I have decided to start with the project after christmas obviousley due to money and time constraints. I am doing the odd drawings to try and capture the shape properly.

Again thanks for the info much appreciated.

Re: Susan's bow from Narnia

Thanks for the advice samwise. I hope to start sometime in Janurary. I have already been doing some small research and doing some drawings so I can try and get the shape right. I am also looking to buy The Crafting of Narnia book. I found a decent site that is selling it cheap so I'm gonna look into that. I will probably get that before christmas.

I emailed WETA a while back asking about the bow but I still have not recveived a reply. Maybes they were busy or there was something wrong with their system. I personally cant wait to get started on this but I will have to be patient and wait until after christmas.

Thanks for the support and advice from everyone.

As I have said I am also doing reserch and drawings so I may update the thread every now and then with maybes some scans from the Narnia book or scan of my drawings.

Oh and samwise could you PM me some names of vendors who sell plain bows.

Return to “Costuming & Prop Making”