The Riddler's costume

I know all of my other projects have been put on hold thats because I really dont have the money to do them and they are very time consuming. So I decided that instead of doing those other projects I would focus all the money I have and the time available onto a costume.

Now as I am a fan of Batman I decided that for Halloween this year I would make my own Riddler costume. Now let me rule out what I am NOT doing with this:
1) I AM NOT USING SPANDEX!
2) I am not going to use a bright green but rather a dark green

As Batman 3 is officially in the works and the Riddler is the supposed villain of the new film I want to follow the Batman teams' ideas about how they can make things realistic and fit in with our modern world.

The plan:
Its all part of the plan

So I am thinking a gentlemans suit. The overcoat I want to be quite long so it hangs just above the back of the knees. under this I am going to wear a blazer, shirt and tie.

Props:
1) gentlemans cane
2) BB hand gun

Now I am having trouble finding a large coat of any colour. If anyone has seen doctor who I want the coat to be similar to the one that david tennant wears.

If anyone can help out please do so and of course post comments about what you think of my ideas
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Re: The Riddler's costume

A friend of mine went as the Doctor last year for halloween. He said that the jacket was the hardest thing to find but he did find something similar. I believe he picked it up at a goodwill/used clothing store. You can usually find old discarded jackets and stuff there so it might be a place to look. Other than that, look online!
Valar morghulis

Ok update:

I have found a possible cane to use. its a classic Gentleman's cane and its only £33.00.

the Gun is the cheapest item on my list believe it or not. I look into de-activated guns and they cost more than a new gun :huh:

So I have decided just to get a BB gun.

Ok I am now starting to buy some of the components of the costume. Now if you remember back to the dark knight the joker wore a green waistcoat underneath his trench coat and blazer. I was thinking brown with a patterned green shirt and maybes a green/brown tie. anyone else have any sort of ideas on colours. For the trench coat I am looking to get a dark green. I dont want it to bright lol

Return to “Costuming & Prop Making”