Re: Roast Chicken??? Sam's salt box from TTT

N2, you should quit your day job and just make props full time.

You could give Indyprops a run for its money.

That Shire Salt Box is great. Will look just like the original once you age it.

What do you plan to put in it that will look like Shire Salt?
I wouldn't think you should put real salt in there as it might not look authentic.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

[quote=""Deimos""]N2, you should quit your day job and just make props full time.

You could give Indyprops a run for its money.

That Shire Salt Box is great. Will look just like the original once you age it.

What do you plan to put in it that will look like Shire Salt?
I wouldn't think you should put real salt in there as it might not look authentic.[/quote]

[quote=""Arwyniel""]Really well done! LOVING it! :thumbs_up [/quote]

Thank you both. I plan on looking for some real salt but in large flake form as well as a few herbs. The biggest problem has been coming up with a latch that looks half way decent. Weathering is well underway and more pics to follow.

[quote=""N2darkness""]Thank you both. I plan on looking for some real salt but in large flake form as well as a few herbs.... .[/quote]

It just occurred to me that rock salt would look pretty authentic.
It's not pure white and can be made up of some pretty good size crystals....which you might have to break up just a bit.

[quote=""Olorin""]That looks great. A good supermarket or a gourmet store should have some nice coarse-grained salt for you.[/quote]
Agreed.
My sister has some salt so course it comes in a pepper grinder. It was definitely a gourmet store item.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

N2, I'll give you $3.95 and not a penny more for that little wooden box.
Take it or leave it!

:D :D :D

Seriously, well done, and good work on the latch. That glass topped chest / coffee table display gets more valuable with each passing day.

[quote=""N2darkness""] All it needs now in a Mythril shirt but I don't think I can afford it :( [/quote]
You're right, you have to buy one from Deimos, because I can't justify making anymore unless it gets made with that aluminum chainmail. :(
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Return to “Costuming & Prop Making”