Custom Staff of Gandalf the Grey

Hi there - I am fairly new to posting here but I am a long time poster over at The RPF. I made one of these a while back, but wasnt too concerned with accuracy... because, well, I didnt e xp ect it to work lol. So, now knowing I have the ability to complete it, I started a new sculpt to make a nice, accurate replica. Here are pics of the completed crown, which will go into a mold this weekend. Then I will begin sculpting the shaft, probably in thirds. Then the four separately cast pieces will be attached together. Thats the plan, anyway ha ha.

Re: Custom Staff of Gandalf the Grey

Mmm!

If you guys hadn't guessed from those beautiful pics, this guy is a masterful sculptor. Did a bust of Christian Bale as Batman from The Dark Knight recently and it was absolutely amazing.

Can't wait to see more, Hecubus. It'll be fantastic to see an accurate non-NC version of this staff.

Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho i 'ruith!

Re: Custom Staff of Gandalf the Grey

Update - I have a completed staff. I tried painting it like the NC one, but I couldnt get it Quite the same. After comparing it to BD screenshots, it appears to be much darker colors anyhow. It is resin from top to bottom - with a steel threaded rod cast into the center. Still trying to figure out the crystal.

Last edited by Hecubus114 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Costuming & Prop Making”