Customizing a wand box

A little project I did yesterday; not sure if I'm finished or not.

So I bought Sirius Black's wand at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, but I wasn't happy with the box. Rather than having that velvet fabric inside like the Ollivander's boxes do, this just had a plastic insert. I don't like plastic inserts! They rub paint off, which is a big no-no. :angry: So, I set to work with some cotton stuffing, a bit of fabric, and some glue and now have a nice little box to keep the wand safe. I also cut some translucent, red fabric and frayed the edges and thought about adding them to the inside to make it look more like the NC Ollivander's boxes, but I'm not sure about it just yet.

Anyhow, here's the nasty box beforehand:

And here's the box after:

And here's the wand on display:
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Re: Customizing a wand box

that looks so much better Fin! If you remember I told you about the new Noble boxes. They have the same plastic insert. I didn't like the idea of it so I cut up some black satin and placed it in. Its soft against the wands as well so the paint wont rub off.

I don't know why they are just using plastic inserts now, the foam and velvet type fabric was much nicer and didn't rub the paint off.

But again it looks a lot better, I love the colour too! :thumbs_up
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Thanks! I suppose I can understand from a cost concern point of view why you would change. I mean, they did release like 40-something new wands. But still, the new ones suck. That's why when I finish with my Ollivander's wands, I'm just going to save up for the "buy 10 wands and get a free display" deal for $300 on Noble Collection's website. That way, I won't have to deal with the boxes and I'll save space. But the old ones (and their boxes) deserve a nice display.

I was thinking of getting a four wand display and putting Snape's, Voldemort's, Harry's and Dumbledore's wands in it. They are the four main characters of the series so I wanted a separate display just for them.

Are you planning on getting Narcissa's wand? I know you don't want anything negative in your collection but Narcissa isn't a villain and her wand is my favourite of the ones I have so far.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Oh I love Narcissa's wand, I want that one really bad. I do plan on buying a few bad guy wands. All three Malfoy's wands and Lucius's staff will find their way into my possesion eventually. Also plan on getting Voldemort's, Bellatrix's, Fenrir's, and perhaps a few other bad guys. But they're pretty low on the list, except for the ones with Ollivander's boxes. I actually really like Fenrir's wand, even though I absolutely despise him.

Return to “Costuming & Prop Making”