Marks / pitting on VS ICE blade

Hi all,

I got my first sword from Valyrian Steel a couple of weeks back and was very happy with it.

I went to move it today ( it's just being standing against a wall at the moment ) and I noticed some black marks on the lower 5" of the blade. My first reaction was just to wipe it of but it didn't wipe clean.

On closer inspection it looks like pitting, you can feel when you run your finger nail across it. When the sword arrived the blade was oiled at the top
not so much at the tip though.

What do you guys advise ? Should I try to get a replacement, as it's only a couple of weeks old that shouldn't be a problem. I don't want to wait and there's nothing that can be done to fix it.

My camera is on the blink at the moment, I'll try and get some pics in daylight tomorrow.

Any advice is welcome.

Re: Marks / pitting on VS ICE blade

Maybes you could shoot VS a message on Facebook or email them through their website and let them know about the problem. They may be able to help you out more. If its gonna eat away at you every time you look at it, I would try and get a replacement.

Hopefully you can get it sorted soon my friend :)
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

I second Lindir - it doesn't hurt to at least ask...especially since these swords are new and in stock, it wouldn't be a problem getting one you're 100% satisfied with.

Pictures would be awesome - to give us a better idea what exactly is on the tip. Whether it's a quick fix, or actual rust that would need to be re-polished out... But if it is pitted to the point where you can feel it...i'd personally get a new one.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

You should definitely contact VS immediately. They are very good about these situations. I have had a couple of minor issues in the past and they took care of everything with speed and courtesy!

In this situation, I would definitely request a replacement. Don't wait too long, however, as their standard return window is 30 days. Of course, for a replacement request due to this kind of issue, they may extend that.

Return to “Weapon & Armour Care”