United Cutlery Dune

UC posted an announcement on their Facebook page that they’re doing the Crysknife from the new Dune movie. Nice to get confirmation that UC are the ones producing replicas.

Thought I’d start a thread to discuss it once we get more information and to see if there will be anymore replicas produced for the movie. Can’t wait to see pics. Kit, do you think you’ll be able to share any bts pics after the movie comes out?
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Re: United Cutlery Dune

I'm not sure what I am allowed to share yet. They were supposed to be able to announce the products and release imagery when the trailer was released - and that knife is in the trailer - but things are still up in the air at the moment. Swords are planned too - and you see them in the trailer - but things are tentative right now. We don't really know if the movie will actually be released in December.

I can say I just approved the Crysknife prototype. It will obviously be polyresin, as I'm sure those of you who know what a Crysknife actually is know it is not made of steel.
KRDS

That’s upsetting but not unexpected. I’m curious to see if Warner Brothers bump Fantastic Beasts 3 back into 2022. Damn.

I was hoping they may release it as an on demand service like Disney did Mulan. I was against it at first but cinema chains are closing here in the U.K. and are desperate for business but people just aren’t going.

How does the delay impact UC? Do they now have to delay their replicas?
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

I'm sure they will have to delay the release of the Crysknife, but at least they will be sure to have them in stock when the film is released. That allows more time for the other products to get made too.

One good thing about the delay is that is allows a full year more to complete the script and design work for film two.
KRDS

Return to “Movie Weapons”