Re: Other Movie Swords?

Welcome to the forums!
Eriol wrote:I have seen replica swords from old movies like "Conan", "Excalliber" and even "Beastmaster". Does anyone know of any replicas from sword heavy movies like "King Aurthur" or one of my favorites "The 13th Warrior" ?

I'm not sure about "The 13th Warrior" (never seen the movie, so I'm not aware of any collection), but King Artur has no sword replicas. Simply put, the movie didn't do well, and looking at the sword designs, they weren't spectacular
Eriol wrote:I have been collecting swords for many years now. Movie swords are new for me. I am aware of only a few movie sword makers. Braveheart, LOTR, Gladiator, Draculia and Troy are represented in my collection now. With your kind help I hope to add more film swords to my collection. :waving:

Theres many other film weapons available. Check out Windlass Cutlery for swords from the kingdom of Heaven movie, and Monty Python "Holy Grail" Film. UC has the Blade movie collection, as well as a set of knives from the Rambo movies (+ more). Noble Collection has a Harry Potter sword, Troy replicas (which you already mentioned), and LOTR. Factory X has swords from Sleepy Hollow, and (I think) Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Theres Albions movie line too. If you need links, Id be happy to supply them
:cheers:
~wormtongue
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Ahhh yes! The wonderful Discerner Project by Albion Armorers. They've done a great job re-creating this sword. I would not call it "excalibur" though. This was a real sword and it belonged to the Lindsey Family until it was lost on the field of battle. All that survived was a painting of the sword that had been done early on. The paintint was then traced and after a long story of events in the family's life... the owner of the painting died and left no will. The painting was lost from the family and all they have left now is the tracing done. A great story... I think thats what makes the sword... more than anything else.

You can read about it here:http://www.albion-swords.com/Discerner/Discerner.html
Valar morghulis

year i read the story,maby its just me ,but i do find swords whit a story behind,more intersting and this sword has a real histoical story behind.
some belive that this discerner lead the way to some of meny storys about king artur and excalibur.
i remeber i saw a ducomentery on history chanel about a year ago,it was about what is clame to be the real excalibur sword,whits is kebt sekuret in,i think it was the vatikan.and an arkeologitist got for the first time in history acses to the sword,i dont remember if he got permitsion to cut it out of the stone.and if i remember currakt it did not belong to king artur but a king in spain but there was some conection.damn memerys is runing out here i shuld have recorded this ducomentery .

this discerner is one of my favorite dream swords,i hope some day to get one of thise.i am thinking about the limited 2500$ version.

hallo agein iceblade :)
about the william wallasch sword ,as i think the best prop is the windlass sword,but i am not sure about that,i do remember seing some other proper made william swords on a webside,damn i cant remember it i have been looking on the web but cant find the web side agein.
so here is some info about the windlass,bravehart sword.

first of all it is a very big two hander sword (claymore),made in high carbon steel.
overall-59",blade-46½"long 2"wide wt.-5 lbs.you can take a look at the pic.
[ATTACH]1645[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hey iceblade!
I agree with am.dk about Windlass's version..it is a niece piece. I did not get a chance to hold it, but i did see it in a sword shop in Ontario...and for the price, it was great!

However, i also found this one:
It is made by Del Tin. I do not know if it's an offical reproduction, but it is stated to be "the most authentic reproduction".
Here's the link if you want to find out more:
http://filmswords.com/alsostarring/alsostarring.htm

Good luck!

Re Braveheart:
Don't be too quick to put down the Indian made spring steel sword...since Windlass (one of the companies that makes a very good repro of that sword) is based in India. And, for spring steel, can make a very good sword....if it is forged properly. But if it's a good functional blade you're after, iceblade, than i highly recommend that Del Tin one i talked about earlier. I have never handled a Del Tin blade, but have only heard good things about them!

Re He-Man:
Actually Native_Guy, i saw one one ebay about a year ago....but if i remember, it was selling for about $7000US....sorry, i forgot if it was the actual prop or a custom made blade....but i'll keep an eye open for ya!

I have a question...
Has anyone ever seen a "Shredder" helmet from either "Ninja Turtles" or "Ninja Turtles II"???? After LOTR..i've really gotten into helms..and this has been one piece i've loved since those early mornings watching the cartoons over a decade ago! lol

Return to “Movie Weapons”