Re: Swords from Eragon the Movie

BC, Eragon is a fantasy novel which was written by a then 15 yr old, named Christopher Paolini. It's not very good, but then, he was only 15 when he wrote it. Now 21, the author has released a second book called "Eldest", the sequel, which is a vast improvement.
Apparently it's a fairly popular book, popular enough to have a film adaptation being made anyway. It also has a very decent cast, as you can see from that link.

As for United making any of the swords, we'll have to wait and see how well the film does. I'd buy Za'roc just because it's Eragon's sword, and of course, that little bit of history behind it helps...

Oh, and Robert Carlyle looks legendary in that picture, exactly how Durza should look :)

My sister is a manager at a starbucks inside a Chapters (An extremely large supermarket sized bookstore chain, not sure if you guys have it in the US), and the author of the book, Christopher Paolini, was doing a book signing there, and she said it was pretty exciting, because there was a huge display with live sword fights. Unfortunately, she lives a boat ride away from me, so its hard to visit her. Anyways, never read the book though, but I heard it was similar to LOTR (heck, look at the title, Aragon sounds like Aragon). Didn't hear of a movie until now, but from the pic flame posted, seems to have a good cast. The swords reminds me of the Conan Barbarian blades. Anyways, the movie is being made by 20th century Fox, kingdom of heaven was made by 20th century Fox, so if the movie goes well, there may be a chance that Fox will sell the license to Windlass because they've already dealt with them. (new line already had e xp erience with UC with the blade collection, so that probably why they choose UC to make the LOTR swords) Just my guess though
:cheers:
~wormtongue
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Well if you're interested in the film, Thorin, you may as well go ahead and read the books first, since you've still got time. Be warned though, the first is really not that great.

Trailer in 6 days, eh? I'll look forward to it. I'm interested in seeing this Edward Speelers. I can't say he's how I pictured Eragon, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how he turns out. Also, I hope there's a glimpse of Saphira. She's the only character I've not yet seen, nor have I heard who's voicing her.
Apparently, Industrial Light and Magic, and WETA are doing the FX for this film. Basically, 2 of the best in the business. So at least we know one thing: this film is going to look damn good!
Last edited by The Flame of the West on Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No, Narnia wasn't all that hot, and yes, they both worked on it in some fashion or another. But even so, between them, these two companies are also responsible for the effects in films like Star Wars Episode III, War of the Worlds, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, King Kong, and the two Pirates of the Caribbean films, to name a few. And overall, that's not a bad list of films in terms of FX.
Along with Digital Domain, it doesn't really get much better than these two.

Well, somebody has the license to these swords, made of Stainless steel by "Master Cutlery". I've seen pictures of them at one particular retail site, as well as on a certain auction site. I was going to post pictures, but when I tried saving the pictures from the particular retailer, it wouldn't let me. Anyways, PM me if you want the URL, or if you can Google it.

Cheers
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Grima Wormtongue wrote:Well, somebody has the license to these swords, made of Stainless steel by "Master Cutlery". I've seen pictures of them at one particular retail site, as well as on a certain auction site. I was going to post pictures, but when I tried saving the pictures from the particular retailer, it wouldn't let me. Anyways, PM me if you want the URL, or if you can Google it.

Cheers

Here they are
I'm afraid the Zar'Roc's pommel stone seems to look a bit too "fake" :|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UC Sting ; UC Sting Scabbard ; UC Glamdring ; UC Narsil ; UC Shards of Narsil (2735/5000) ; UC MC Sting (323/3000) ; UC MC Glamdring (105/1000) ; UC Anduril UE + scabbard ; UC Herugrim ; UC Uruk-Hai Scimitar ; Kropserkel Gondorian Vambraces ; IndyProps Redbook of Westmarch ; IndyProps Thror's Map ; NC Crown of Elessar ; NC Evenstar ; NC Phial of Galadriel ; MR The One Ring of Sauron 1887/2500 ; Danbury Minas Tirith & Barad Dur ; Knife of Sharkû the warg rider; The Sauron sized One Ring ; Albion Armorers Conan's Atlantean Sword (61/1000)
my props collection : http://www.yourprops.com/view_items.php ... e=oldtobby

ash_nazg4321 wrote:$325? sorry, i don't think that's gonna happen... at least not for me.
The site where I found them sells them at the following prices :
Zar'Roc Sword of Eragon $219.00
The Sword of Brom $199.00
As they are sold with their scabbard, they are nearly at the same prices as the LOTR swords + scabbards
But the price is one thing, the quality is another, I'm really curious to see more closer pics of these.
BladeCollector wrote:who makes this sword?
Their references begins by "MC". Grima said previously they are made by Master Cutlery. I found a "Master Cutlery" company website but it seems they only make unlicensed replicas so, not sure they are the same
http://www.mastercutlery.com/catalog/15medieval.html
http://www.mastercutlery.com/catalog/ca ... /p217.html
http://www.mastercutlery.com/catalog/ca ... /p218.html
Last edited by oldtobby on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UC Sting ; UC Sting Scabbard ; UC Glamdring ; UC Narsil ; UC Shards of Narsil (2735/5000) ; UC MC Sting (323/3000) ; UC MC Glamdring (105/1000) ; UC Anduril UE + scabbard ; UC Herugrim ; UC Uruk-Hai Scimitar ; Kropserkel Gondorian Vambraces ; IndyProps Redbook of Westmarch ; IndyProps Thror's Map ; NC Crown of Elessar ; NC Evenstar ; NC Phial of Galadriel ; MR The One Ring of Sauron 1887/2500 ; Danbury Minas Tirith & Barad Dur ; Knife of Sharkû the warg rider; The Sauron sized One Ring ; Albion Armorers Conan's Atlantean Sword (61/1000)

Based on the photos that were posted, I'm not impressed with either of the blades. You would think they could've designed some better looking swords. The blade with the fake blue jewel looks kitschy. I definitely don't plan on spending my hard earned dollars on them.
10 months and counting till the release of The Hobbit.

Okay. I've been trying to find some higher res images and I did. Unfortunately the website that had them has some coding which doesn't allow you to save them... but they can't prevent you from taking a screenshot. I've had to do come cutting and pasting but it should give you a better idea of what they look like. I will add more later...

photopost/showphoto.php/photo/4153/cat/579
photopost/showphoto.php/photo/4154/cat/579

There are a total of 4 swords announced for this movie.
Valar morghulis

thanks for these pics Thorin :thumbs_up . Now I have a better idea of what it looks like, and...
I'm sure I would definately not buy this sword. :angry:

Well. I have to say that the sword from the movie looks much better. I don't mind the blue crystal and nor the hilt. My problem is with the blade. They may it seem like a solid pattern when they probably should have weathered it like they did with the Witchking's sword. Other than a few modifications, they managed to recreate the sword very well.

If someone does decide to get one of the Eragon swords, please post pictures and write a review!
Valar morghulis

I did some hunting and put this together. This seems to be the complete list so far. Does anyone know the difference between the regular and LE Zar'Rocs?

MC-ER01 Zar'Roc Sword
MC-ER01LE Zar'Roc Limited Edition (of 1000)
MC-ER02 Sword of Galbatorix
MC-ER03 Sword of Durza
MC-ER04 Sword of Arya
MC-ER05 Sword of Brom
MC-ER06 Dagger of Arya

The only difference i could find is that the LE Zar'Roc sword is individually serialized on the blade. The website i was looking at shows both editions to be at the same price...so i doubt there will be any huge difference. But that's one website. If true, in my opinion, is terrible news for collectors. Basically you're getting a limited edition sword where the regular edition is identical except for the fact that it has no number on it. (At least the LOTR Anduril's had noticable differences).

So far, i'm not a huge fan of these swords. I have two Master Cutlery fantasy knives...and let's just say: For the suggested prices these swords are going for, i hope the company's quality has improved.

I looked at the pictures of the Eragon blades and I wasn't impressed. The blades look like kitschy crap. I agree with defyitall that the concept artists tried to come up with something unique looking and ended up creating something that is weird and in my opinion looks like junk. Arya's sword is really hokey looking and her dagger isn't anything to get excited about either. I'm definitely not impressed with the designs of these blades. You would think they could've seen that these were crappy looking blades. :coolsmile
10 months and counting till the release of The Hobbit.

Return to “Movie Weapons”