Re: Limited Edition Museum Collection-Sting

BladeCollector wrote:Too bad you couldnt keep it and say "what do you mean you sent me another one ?????:angel:
I'm sure you could -- however they could also claim to have "forgotten to not charge your credit card" ;)
LOTR- Narsil*Shards*Anduril LE w/Scabbard*Sting w/Scabbard*Strider's w/Scabbard*Uruk-hai*Glamdring w/Scabbard*Witchking
Ringwraith*Hadhafang*Herugrim*Boromir*Eowyn*Legolas Knives w/Scabbards*Aragorn Knife*Elven Warrior Sword*Shards & Anduril Minis
Gil Hibben- Silver Shadow*Double Shadow*Highlander*Raven*Dragon Lord*Jackal*Griffyn*Scorpion*Raptor*Presentation Dagger
TigerShark*Claw*Claw II* FPR- Warbird Dagger & Bowie*Hornet*Odyssey Gold- TigerShark*Eye of Draconus*Centurion*Titan
Kit Rae- Fangs of Baelin*Vaelen UC-Round Table,Lancelot,Sorcerer,Pendragon Daggers

The place that sent me the second Museum Edition Sting definitely remembered to charge my charge card. That was one of the reasons I contacted them real fast about their mistake and why I'm going to make sure they get it back quickly too.

Concerning the two LE Andurils, you're right about those. I actually did my dangdest to get out of having to buy the second one but the guy that was selling it was in Florida and claimed he couldn't cancel the sale in time because of the hurricane that ripped through there. I don't know if he was telling the truth or not. It was my fault for bidding on the sword when I should've made sure I'd lost the bid on the first one I bid on. Oh well. I've had to learn from some other mistakes on that auction site as well. I've ended up with a fake Glamdring and I'm still owed a Herugrim or $94, neither of which I suspect I'll ever see as the seller isn't allowed to sell any longer on that site.

Per ElrondElendil, I hope sales of the Museum Edition Sting pick up as I suspect that'll affect whether UC comes out with more swords in the collection. Plus, if folks think the price is steep for the MC Sting, wait'll they see what a MC Anduril or Glamdring is going to cost.
:horseback
Last edited by Celeborn on Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 months and counting till the release of The Hobbit.

I see what you both mean. I'm surprised so few have come to these forums at least. When news of the Museum Collection was first heard, a lot of people were saying how good it will be to own a functional LOTR sword, but now only 10 or so members have got one. Sure, some could still be waiting for theirs, but still...I can't remember if I said I wanted to get an MC Sting, but I definitely want Anduril. I may perhaps get MC Sting as a part of my Graduation present this May :)

Flame of the West, a lot of people would undoubtedly like to own a functional copy of Sting, Anduril, or Glamdring but when they see the heavy money it's going to cost, they decide there are better things they'd rather spend their loot on. It all depends on how much you really like the swords. Only someone who is really keen on them is going to shell out the heavy bucks. The casual collector won't. You could say the Museum Collection is the one that is going to separate the men/women collectors from the boy/girl collectors.

For everyone's info, the second Museum Edition Sting (number 281) I received by mistake is now on its way back to the folks I bought my first one from. The sword itself is perfectly fine and would be a great addition to anyone's collection. I just didn't want a second one.
:fencing:
Last edited by Celeborn on Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Put the wrong number in for the ME Sting I returned
10 months and counting till the release of The Hobbit.

Celeborn wrote:Flame of the West, a lot of people would undoubtedly like to own a functional copy of Sting, Anduril, or Glamdring but when they see the heavy money it's going to cost, they decide there are better things they'd rather spend their loot on. It all depends on how much you really like the swords. Only someone who is really keen on them is going to shell out the heavy bucks. The casual collector won't. You could say the Museum Collection is the one that is going to separate the men/women collectors from the boy/girl collectors.
What you're saying is true, but what I was saying, is that people were all hyped up about the Museum Collection, but so few have bought them. Sure, a lot of people can not afford them, but those who wanted them but don't have them know how much a 'functional' sword would cost, so money shouldn't really be too much of an issue should it? Especially since we knew about this line a long time before it was released, resulting in time to save.
Well whatever! It isn't only members of this forum buying LOTR swords now is it! I just hope sales are good enough for United to justify making the REALLY e xp ensive MC versions, which are of course the full size swords consisting of Glamdring and Anduril, and whatever may follow :horseback

Lan wrote:I just got my MC Sting #142!!! It really is amazing and everyone should go into debt to get one just so they make other MC Swords!!!

#142 resides in KC, MO USA

Yeah, voting with your wallet rules the production of these swords. When was MC Sting first released? has it been out for long?
"The Brave do not fear the grave"

MC Glamdring #379, MC Sting #118, Helm of Isildur LE #342, Jens Hansen One Ring replica w/chain, Jens Hansen Ring of Barahir (custom), The Dark Lord Sauron Sideshow/Weta Statue #87

Limited Edition Museum Collection Maegnas

Nº 364 lies now in Gran Canaria Island, Spain. Here are some pics...
Serial nº
Maegnas,Bracers & Helm
Last edited by Gondor Avenger on Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY REALLY NICE COLLECTION
  • Customed Bracers of Gondor 1/1 - Museum Collection Maegnas 0364/3000 - Limited Edition Helm of Sauron 0176/3000 - Museum Collection Glamdring 0241/1000 - Glamdring White Scabbard - Maegnas Scabbard - Herugrim Sword - Eowyn Sword - Walking Axe of Gimli

Return to “Limited Edition Numbers”