Korpserkel Sauron Helm

I just discovered this on their website. Its a work in progress but it sounds like it is going to be one extremely cool display piece... not sure if it will be functional. I assume it will.
"I spy with my flaming lidless eye, something that is pointy! Currently a work in progress and still in the sculpting stage (please watch this page for updates!). This magnificently designed evil helmet is the chosen battle armour by the dark lord himself. The design resembles that of an ornate goat or steer skull with a crown of blades.
We are planning to house a small smoker unit inside the helmet on display so that safe smoke wafts out from the eyes, nostrils, and the base of the piece, just as when Sauron was first separated from his ring by Isildur's severing swipe.

Once the helmet is finished, we are planning on completing the costume with the most ornately designed body of armour we have seen to date. Kudos to those incredible designers and armourers at WETA."
http://www.kropserkel.com/darklords.htm
Valar morghulis

Re: Korpserkel Sauron Helm

Thorin, unfortunately that page is about three years old now. I discovered it at about the same time as they began making the Witch-king armour, and when I ordered the gauntlets from Scott, I asked what the progress was on the Sauron helm and armour, and he told me that he was working on it but couldn't reveal any details for now, and this was over two years ago.

I can only surmise that either he has been too busy working on other things since, or that the project proved much more difficult than he thought and this is taking extra long. I think if he had abandoned it, he would have taken the page down. Anyhow, just wanted to point that out in case people get too excited and start flooding the poor guy with email requests - the info is old and the page has said the exact same thing for three years - there have been no further updates. :(

Re: Korpserkel Sauron Helm

Well that is most certainly depressing... lol.

I don't usually browse their website and I just happen to come across the page and I thought it was something new. Who knows then, if anything has changed. I still like the idea of the steam rising out of the helm and maybe it's something I should look into for my helm. :)
Valar morghulis

Return to “General Armoury Conversations”