Favourite improbable swords and other silly weapons

Ok, the reason for this thread is to see how many times we can make Sedhal and Ed reach for the barf bag. :crazy:

However, in all seriousness, I'm sure we've all come across some form or other of various implements of war in movies, tv shows, etc, that made us shake our heads in disbelief, yet at the same time go: "Ya know, that's kinda cool!"

So, what's your guilty pleasure? What skeletons are hiding in your weapons closet? Here's mine, the triple-sword that shoots the two outer blades from The Sword and the Sorcerer, circa 1982. I wouldn't be caught dead buying a replica of this thing, and the list of things that are impractical about it are too numerous to list, but dang it, wouldn't it be cool if it actually worked like in the movie? So have a look, and then list your favourite, and try not to feel too bad about it.

This Space for Rent

Re: Favourite improbable swords and other silly weapons

I dont have a silly sword from a movie off the top of my head, i'll have to think about it.

As far as the Thundercats sword... I'd buy a licensed replica of that in a heartbeat. Now I wouldnt e xp ect the magic powers and for it to grow, but I'd buy a replica of the dagger and the full sized word. To me it isn't a silly or improbable sword... but that is the dream sword of my childhood right there!!!

Re: Favourite improbable swords and other silly weapons

Lol, I'm gonna have to go for this sword, from the would be wuxia movie seven swords. http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Chinese-Sw ... B000H954BY

The movie is ridiculously bad, and a stain on the whole usually so wonderful wuxia genre. But man is that sword funky, lol.
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

Return to “General Armoury Conversations”