Re: Pure StarWars Discussion

BladeCollector wrote:who is that guy that has a website... who claims to be a friend of lucas and has all the plotlines for all the 7-9 movies...

Lucas has disavowed ever having stated that there was going to be a third trilogy. He essentially claims the media made it up. Well, I was around when the original Star Wars came out and was hugely successful and I remember reading articles where Lucas was quoted on the structure of his Star Wars stories and it distinctly said 3 trilogies, of which the then-current one was the middle. So unless the interviewer flat-out lied or was on drugs, Lucas did say there were to be 3 trilogies. My theory is that he knows he'll never live long enough to do the third one, since he can apparently only force himself to work on Star Wars once every 20 years, so he's downplaying e xp ectations by revising history.

There's also the issue of what would the third trilogy be about? It's similar to why Tolkien ditched his sequel to LOTR. In Star Wars, after ROTJ, Palpatine and Vader were dead and a big chunk of the Imperial starfleet was destroyed. A further set of movies would probably only be about fighting remaining Imperial warlords (like Zahn's books), and that really wouldn't measure up to the story of the first two trilogies.
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

i dont know near as much about star wars as i do trek, but i heard in the e xp anded universe (i know not canon) that the emporer was cloned and they had a whole boatload of them and luke reestablishes the jedi order and i think falls to the dark side for a minute or 2.i could be completely wrong, but i think i read that at the star wars website in the e xp anded universe.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Who is that guy that was in the first trailer with the white messed up face with like red lines... all gross looking... i forgot his name, i saw his toy at target the other day it was a special "sneak preview" line of toys, with him and general grevious and some others.

i got a question... it may sound naive, but i was just curious.. so ALL the jedi besides yodi and obi-wan die in episode 3, or are some killed between episode 3 and 4 (off screen of course) or do some make it into hiding like yoda and obi-wan and they just arent shown in the movies?

on a side note...i wish the jedi council had a bigger role in the movies.. you know more speaking parts, not just obi-wan, anakin, mace and yoda... especially my favorite plo koon, i wish he talked more, and had a long lightsaber battle.

i dont know why green and blue became the staple saber colors... there were only 4 different sabers used in the PT... obi's, luke's, anakins that luke used and vaders.

ok, big deal, so those were the only colors used... they should have purple, green, blue, orange, yellow, teal, white, and any other color i havent mentioned.

i know it KOTOR (i know not canon), they had different colors that you could find, but the majority were blue, green and yellow, depending on what jedi division you were in.

i have a question...

in Ep IV: A New Hope, Vader doesnt seem all powerful like he should be, I dont know if he has been instructed by the emporer to listen to Tarkin, but it seems like Tarkin bosses Vader around like Vader is a pansy. why does someone need to be in control of vader, couldnt vader see to the deathstar alone... in the 2nd and 3rd movie, he becomes more powerful, like threatening everybody that takes Tarkins place that he will personally kill them if they fail.

I'll take a stab at that--in fact, two stabs.

Stab the first: Although Vader is Palpatine's right hand man and chief enforcer, Palpatine uses the governors/moffs for day to day running of the Empire. There's a comment in there about them now having direct control of their territories now that the Emperor has abolished the Senate. So Tarkin would be a very big wig in the Empire, particular so since he's the governor of the Imperial Outlands region--an undefined but presumably unimaginably vast territory. Someone at his level would be second possibly only to Palpatine himself. So Tarkin has been given command over the Death Star and its military crew, and because Vader obeys his master in all things, he goes along with Tarkin's control, to the extent of obeying his commands. Rest assured, if Tarking gave a command that didn't square with Vader's wishes or with his interpretation of Palpatine's wishes, I don't think Tarkin's authority would be worth much.

Stab the second: Lucas revisionism. When Star Wars was made, Lucas had no idea how popular Vader would prove to be (or the movie itself, for that matter). Lucas likely hadn't thought out exactly what Vader's position in the Imperial hierarchy was. After Star Wars' (and Vader's) success, Lucas put more thought into it and made Vader second only to the Emperor. (Though we never again see Vader in the company of a governor after the first movie, so this theory has not been tested.)
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

Return to “Star Trek & Star Wars”