LOTR Topps Costume Cards

Hey guys,
So, I've been looking for screen-used/set-used movies props from the LOTR Trilogy. A major lack of availability (except at The Prop Store of London - www.propstore.com) has caused me to start collecting the "Topps Lord of the Rings Costume Cards". These cards are supposed to contain material from certain outfits/costumes used in the movies.
I currently have:
- Frodo's Elven Tunic
- The Witchking's Robe
- Aragorn's House of Healing Shirt
- Pippin's Gondorian Tunic

The back of the cards say, "This card contains actual material used to create ________ for use in the Trilogy". Does anyone know if they take the actual costume piece (i.e.- "The Witchking's Robe"), and cut it up into small pieces to insert into these cards? I can't really find much information on these cards :huh: . The way it is worded could mean they used the left over material from the creation of these costumes to make these cards.

Thanks,
:evil: Rough666
Head of the Department of Evil, Canadian Division.

"All that Longbottom gave me the munchies."

Re: LOTR Topps Costume Cards

Hey Rough666,

Wow - i never even heard of these Topps cards...
I checked their website and according to what you wrote is on the back of the card - my opinion on that matter would be:
It sounds like they mean that the item you have in your card is the actual material used (spare material) to make the costumes - so same material, but left overs, basically. Also, i was thinking - especially for the more collectable pieces (such as Frodo's Elven Tunic, and Aragorn's Shirt), i do not think they would cut them apart - mainly due to their high collector values as full costume pieces.
But hey, that's just my opinion.

But nice addition to your collection! Do you plan on completing the set or getting any more of these cards?

Hey Jash,
I'm not really sure if I'll collect any more. A few of them (Eowyn's, Arwyn's, Gandalf's cards) are quite pricey. I picked the ones I own up on ebay for cheap. I'll take some picks and post them for you to see. I've looked for more info, as well, and can't really find anything detailed.

Pics of the cards. The backs say:
"This card contains genuine material used for the creation of _________"
- Aragorn's House of Healing Shirt
- Frodo's Elven Tunic
- The Witch-king's Robe
- Pippin's Gondorian Tunic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nice pics,
They seem like a nice collection in terms of not taking up too much room...lol.

You could always just save up and buy something from "propstore" :)
And man they have some nice stuff! I was looking at the "Gladiator", "Last Samurai" and "King Arthur" props - the full armour suits...wow, pricey, but wow.

Return to “Other Collectibles”