New Line from Master Replicas

Master Replicas announced that they are going to produce a line of Ghostbusters collectibles coming out May 2009 for the first wave... Nothing is announced yet, but at the Master Replicas website (http://www.masterreplicas.com) they say to come back to the site on Halloween for a complete listing of products... Here's the article from their site (copied and pasted directly):

"Master Replicas is pleased to announce its forthcoming line of prop replicas based on Columbia Pictures’ hugely popular film franchise, Ghostbusters.
"We are extremely excited to be able to enter the Ghostbusters paranormal world”, e xp lains CEO Michael Cookson “If you’ve always dreamed owning an officially licensed “unlicensed nuclear accelerator” or are just looking for innovative collectibles that will remind you of the legendary antics of Ray, Egon, Peter and Winston, the Master Replicas range will offer a wealth of choices.”
Working closely with Sony Pictures Consumer Products, Master Replicas will work its magic to ensure authenticity and accuracy. Master Replicas initial Ghostbusters product range will include authentic limited edition prop replicas as well as a few “surprises” just in time for the 25th anniversary of this pop-culture property.
The “keymaster” and “gatekeeper” are conspiring to release the first wave of products in May 2009. For a complete listing of products and a few “sneak peek” images, please visit us at http://www.masterreplicas.com/ on Halloween (October 31st) 2008.
Visit http://www.masterreplicas.com/ or http://www.5552368.com/ for further information and updates.
About Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters, released in 1984, is one of Columbia Pictures' highest grossing films, spawning a hit sequel in 1989 and three successful animated television shows. Ghostbusters and its sequel grossed over $580 million worldwide. Ghostbusters merchandise has exceeded $1 billion in retail sales. The original film, written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis, produced and directed by Ivan Reitman, starred Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis as ghost hunters for hire, cleaning up Manhattan's buildings of slime-spewing spooks.
About Master Replicas
Corgi International Limited is a global Pop Culture company, which develops and markets innovative and high-quality licensed and generic toys, gifts and collectables distributed via direct, specialty, hobby, collector and mass retail channels worldwide. Marketed under the brand names Master Replicas, PopCo and H2go, the Company’s line of products range from premium entertainment prop replicas and limited edition memorabilia to traditional toys and gift merchandise.
The Company holds varying licenses for many of entertainment’s highest grossing franchises including Disney Classics, Harry Potter, James Bond, Star Trek, Nintendo, Halo and The Beatles, amongst others. Corgi International Limited also has partnerships with cutting edge technology innovators around the world.
The Company is headquartered in Hong Kong, with operations in Walnut Creek, California, USA and Watford UK.

About Sony Pictures Consumer Products
Sony Pictures Consumer Products (SPCP), a Division of Columbia TriStar Consumer Marketing (CTCM), is based in Los Angeles and handles the merchandising and branding efforts for some of the most recognized properties in film and television.

Columbia TriStar Consumer Marketing is a division of Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE). SPE is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in 67 countries. Sony Pictures Entertainment can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.sonypictures.com."

Re: New Line from Master Replicas

While it'll be interesting to see what MR has in the works, and I have been following the conversation on their forum for a while, I wouldn't plan to purchase anything. But it is interesting that there is talk about a third movie, with Bill Murry on board, and a script being written by a couple fellows from "The Office". Rumor is that Seth Rogan, Steve Carell, and Paul Rudd will star as the next generation of Ghostbusters. I don't mind the idea, especially since Carell is one of my favourite comedic actors. Anyways, thanks for shaing the information Blade.
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

[quote=""Grima Wormtongue""]While it'll be interesting to see what MR has in the works, and I have been following the conversation on their forum for a while, I wouldn't plan to purchase anything. But it is interesting that there is talk about a third movie, with Bill Murry on board, and a script being written by a couple fellows from "The Office". Rumor is that Seth Rogan, Steve Carell, and Paul Rudd will star as the next generation of Ghostbusters. I don't mind the idea, especially since Carell is one of my favourite comedic actors. Anyways, thanks for shaing the information Blade.[/quote]

yeah i must admit, i'm interested in seeing another Ghostbusters movie. I dont know if I'd buy a proton pack replica or anything, but ;)

Initial Product Announcement

-Ghost Trap Limited Edition 1:1 scale with lights, sounds and other features. ETA: Spring 2009

-Proton Pack Limited Edition 1:1 scale with lights, sounds and other features. ETA: Fall 2009

Other products will be announced shortly. This is only the beginning!

This line is still very much in development and our “scientists” are currently hard at work on the actual processes involved in bringing these screen icons to life. We have already had direct access to original artifacts in the Sony archive and as always with Master Replicas, authenticity and accuracy are paramount and it’s important that we get the detail just right. Make sure to come to this site often for exclusive updates, development pictures/videos and much more! You can also follow current conversations and keep up with fellow Ghostbusters fans on our forum at http://www.masterreplicas.com
Updates will be posted on this site- http://www.5552368.com/

According to another update from MR on a GB forum, their estimating the retail price for the ghost trap would be around $400, and $1000 for the proton pack.
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Sadly, at least for those who were looking forward to this line, MR announced last night they have decided to cancel this line. From their forum...
MR Representative wrote:As a fan, I wish I could reassure everyone that GB is still on for MR. Unfortunately, it is with deep regret that MR has decided to cancel the plans we had with Sony for Ghostbusters. While I cannot get into specifics, I can tell you on a personal level that we cannot afford to give Ghostbusters prop replicas the justice and treatment they deserve and I apologize for any frustration or disappointment this will cause any fans. Rather than hold on to the license and wait for what seemed inevitable, we've decided to make the announcement today. Thank you for your understanding.
You can read more here.

[quote=""BladeCollector""]Wow... you would think they'd figure all that out before they made their big announcement. Not that I am really upset... I wasnt planning on collecting the items anyway, but I was looking forward to seeing them.[/quote]

I know, and the Rep even promised some pictures of the props a few day before this announcement. MR really doesn't have much going for them lately.

Return to “Other Collectibles”