Re: Weta Aragorn sword

What are you talking about, man? :)

It's not that I'm "back", I've simply been less active (impossibly busy whole
year), I'm no Kiwi now (just a tourist, dude), and that's not an Elven -- but
Dwarven -- made sword.

:cheers:
Last edited by ed209 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=""Fingolfin""]A very, very old dwarven made sword. :thumbs_up [/quote]

Well at least there is at least one "old" that appeals to you Fin :coolsmile
Now that I have some Titanium in me does that get me a little closer? :horseback
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

[quote=""ed209""]What are you talking about, man? :)

It's not that I'm "back", I've simply been less active (impossibly busy whole
year), I'm no Kiwi now (just a tourist, dude), and that's not an Elven -- but
Dwarven -- made sword.

:cheers: [/quote]
lol - my bad, i meant that I have been gone for 1.5 months...and in that time, you have done so much...
Dwarven? Wow - you can tell i've been out of it for a little while...been spending all my "sword time" researching Late Roman / Migration Era swords... ;)
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Right, that's what I meant...they're really the same sword though, Anduril just has runes along the blade, and I can't even remember if the runes on the blade are lore-accurate or if those were just something the filmmakers added.
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Correct. Telchar makes Narsil, Narsil breaks when Elendil falls in battle against Sauron, Narsil is reforged into Anduril by the Elves, who also put an enchantment on the scabbard to keep it from breaking again.

And yes, Fingolfin- there were runes on Anduril's blade in the books. Even the sun and moon symbols with interspersed stars were in the books too:

"...on its blade was traced a device of seven stars set between the crescent Moon and the rayed Sun, and about them was written many runes..."
Last edited by Jamanticus on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho i 'ruith!

Return to “Weta Workshop”