Re: Elven Leaf Brooch

[quote=""jnicktem""]Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had an Elven Leaf Brooch by Weta? I am wondering how the quality is (for the price it better be good!) and how it compares to the one produced by Noble?

http://www.wetanz.com/elven-leaf-brooch/[/quote]

You can figure that almost half of the price is tied up in the Sterling silver chain.

The Noble brooch came (and still comes) minus the chain.
And since none of the Fellowship wore the brooch on a chain, I don't see the point of Weta offering it that way.
(Well, yes I do...to make more profit...the chain is certainly not worth $100)

No way to tell without having it in front of me if the brooch is better, worse, or equal to the Noble version.
But the Noble brooch is very good, very well done. (Am happy with mine)

Unless someone is keen on getting it with the chain, I see no good reason to pay twice as much as is needed to get the brooch.
I got mine through the Hobbit shop when it was marked down a bit and got free shipping besides.
And I'd recommend that way (or even getting it through Noble) rather than buying the overpriced Weta version.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

As much as I love Weta, I think Noble has them beat in most of the jewelry department, minus the One Ring. I agree with Deimos, that's a good way to get Noble products at a good price, and unless you want to wear it around your neck like a necklace, I'd go with Noble's.
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

[quote=""jnicktem""]Maybe someone can clear something up for me. In the pictures that I have seen of the Noble brooch the leaf part looks... too green... if that makes sense. Is that true in real life or is it just the pictures that make it look like that?[/quote]

Not quite sure what you mean by "too green".
Too green compared to...what? :D
The enamel on the Weta brooch may thin enough that the silver kind of comes through; the Noble brooch may have more enamel on it (thicker).
Or it could just be lighting and/or how your monitor is set.

[quote=""jnicktem""]Anyone know if the silver chain that comes with the Weta brooch is the same as the Frodo chain?[/quote]

Looks pretty close (I used the "Magnifying glass" on both Weta pics.)
Brooch chain doesn't have the S clasp.

Also noticed in the description that it comes with a woolen storage bag made from the same material as the Fellowship cloaks and by the same Company (Stansborough).
You can bet that little pouch significantly contributed to the $200 price tag as well.
So (not to repeat myself :D ) get it from the Hobbit Shop or directly from Noble and save yourself about $75

Return to “Weta Workshop”