Castle Kon is Open For Business

Hello everyone!

Updated Castle Kon pricing can be found at our facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/castlekon/

If you find a cheaper price anywhere online please let me know and I can see if I can beat it. As usually, I build in less than a 20% profit ($10-$20 usually) so there isn't much wiggle room but there may be if I can get enough orders etc.

Lastly,

Please contact me through my new sword work email: CastleKon@gmail.com

Thanks all,

Christian

*** 2/26/2015 UPDATE ***
I have received a few questions requesting some more information in general on topic of the business.

Q: Do you have a website?
A: Yes I do! http://www.castlekon.com

Q: Some of the items are more e xp ensive on your website than in the list above. Why?
A: The above prices are UCForums exclusive (and for your friends :p ) Use the coupon code: UCFRIENDS to bring those higher priced items back down to the ones listed above.

Q: Do you ship internationally?
A: Absolutely! I ship the cheapest way possible for all international orders where it is legal (sorry UK citizens about curved blades!) Nevertheless, I typically ship USPS because it is the cheapest. I do have a professional account with UPS but 9/10 times USPS is cheaper for you.

Q: What do you charge for shipping?
A: I charge only what it costs me to ship. If it costs $28.73 US to ship something, then I typically charge $30.00 US. I didn't even really build the 3.5% Paypal fee into my pricing, but luckily thus far (*crosses fingers) shipping hasn't completely eaten into my small profit margin.

Q: Do you charge for handling?
A: No, not really. The only thing extra I would ever charge for in shipping costs would be if I had to go out and buy a box to ship. I am fairly certain that all items ship to me in their UC outer shell. If you request for that box to be boxed then that would cost extra, or if there are multiple items being shipped, the shipping costs will go down but a small fee will be added to buy and extra large box. It is still better to buy more together because the reduction in combined shipping far out weighs the bigger box.

Q: Do you have __________ item in stock?
A: I currently am not keeping anything in stock ready to ship. Every week or two (whenever I get enough orders to make shipping to me worth it), I will place an order with United Cutlery and then ship it to you once I get it. For specific item availability, please email me at CastleKon@gmail.com and I can get you all the information I can get.

Q: Do you really have awesome long hair like a Knight of Gondor?
A: Yes! And I have been known, back when I was in Florida, to stand outside during a hurricane with my flag and yell "FOR GONDOR!!!!!!" with my hair blowing in the wind.
Last edited by RevAnakin on Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Re: Castle Kon is Open For Business

A couple of things you may want to check into as I have both wholesale accounts through BudK and United is the shipping costs are rather different between them and Bud K is often cheaper. There prices are the same for the product. You could also see about a business account through either UPS or FedX for reduced shipping both ways to you and to your customers depending on how much business you actually end up doing, there may be min requirements. Just things to think about and wish you all the best. :)

[quote=""GuardianWolf""]Looking forward to ordering from you Rev! What kind of ordering process do you envision? Should interested folks contact you with their list of wants and such and you'll place orders as you go along?[/quote]

As of right now, please just email me and I'll send back an order form.

United is very interesting as they have "In Stock" items, "Out of Stock" items, and "Out of Stock" with a "?" items. I have inquired about this "?" and was responded with (paraphrased), "Please just order what you want and then we'll tell you an ETA."

Great...

Nevertheless, I plan to take orders for the next 1-2 weeks on what people are wanting, I'll order what is in stock and notify everyone.

Val and Idril - I'm going to the post office tomorrow to check on prices for over sized heavy items shipping international since the online is being dumb.

Thran - I can't get Hadhafang right now, but still working out those details.

Dark - at first estimate, just under $70 to ship to Belgium. if you email me some more specifics then I can quote more exact.

Alright guys, I went to the Post Office and got quotes in person.

Val, for Canadian shipping of the Mace, they are saying that it should be under $90 to ship.

Idril, on the helmet, they are saying it should be under $150 to ship.

Of course, those prices are for shipping and no one knows what the customs fees would be, I am willing to deal with all the customs forms on the US side of things. If you were to buy these items, I would charge the shipping cost above, and if it came in under that amount, I would refund you the difference. I am really hoping they are not messing with me and when I get there shipping is three times as much, but after looking online with slightly smaller dimensions as well as looking at their policies, it seems to be about right.

[quote=""RevAnakin""]Alright guys, I went to the Post Office and got quotes in person.

Val, for Canadian shipping of the Mace, they are saying that it should be under $90 to ship.

Idril, on the helmet, they are saying it should be under $150 to ship.

Of course, those prices are for shipping and no one knows what the customs fees would be, I am willing to deal with all the customs forms on the US side of things. If you were to buy these items, I would charge the shipping cost above, and if it came in under that amount, I would refund you the difference. I am really hoping they are not messing with me and when I get there shipping is three times as much, but after looking online with slightly smaller dimensions as well as looking at their policies, it seems to be about right.[/quote]

I think the operative (and scary) words are "customs fees"... that is usually where shipping costs change from "acceptable" to "exhorbitant" (or make that "extortionist"?)

That said, I hope you can work it out so our non US friends don't get stiffed.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

$90 is a way better than the $250 that Derek is predicting.

Customs fees for Canada are not bad at all, unless it is UPS picking up in the package, in which case those nasty brokerage fees get added on. Basically, there's a handling fee from Canada post, which is about $10 flat rate, and then GST is charged on the declared value of the item, depending on the category and what is on the customs form. GST is 5% of total value.
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Valkrist""]I think you can give my collection a run for it's money. Neither of us can touch the God-King of UCForums though: N2 :crazy: [/quote]

Well, thank you both. But I think both of you are catching up rather quickly and both have unique pieces that I don't have. I am thrilled to know that I have items I have hand made have gone into both your collections :)

[quote=""Valkrist""]There's been a huge gaping hole in my collection for years without this thing... [/quote]

And it's about to be filled with a huge item. That thing is going to be a display space hog. Though I don't collect the "baddie" stuff, I have to admit the Sauron mace is a cool design and looks great.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

[quote=""Buckeye""]That thing is going to be a display space hog. [/quote]

It's not so bad. The pluses are that it displays vertically and that I have had a spot on the wall reserved for it for quite some time. Horizontal displays, like the new bows, or items that require a shelf or table, like helms and statues, are my biggest issue now. Very much winding down on those, sadly. :(
This Space for Rent

Are we too late for the first run , BudK has it listed as backorder already . Have a feeling a lot of us and others have been waiting way too long for this one and its gonna go quick ! ! The original Sauron collection was limited to 3000 pieces and the new ones are 1500 , so that will be essentially 4500 people possibly trying to get only 1500 maces . Hey Val , lets get our orders in ! ! I think BudK may have thought about this , could be why they wouldn't allow this for preorder before they originally came in .

Last call for orders this round. I'll be placing the order late tonight/early tomorrow morning.

I have 3 Sauron's Mace orders completed.

The following items are in stock from United and ready to ship according the the website:

Thranduil's Staff
Azog Mace
Sauron Mace
Legolas Bow
Rivendell Helm
Sting
Orcrist
Glamdring
Fili
Kili
Legolas Knives

I just made my purchase with United for four Sauron Maces. I am hoping they will quick turn around to me this week, so I can move them next week or even end of this week.

For anyone else who is interested in any item, please let me know and I can invoice you whenever. I plan on making purchases every 2-4 weeks depending on how many orders I have to save on shipping. I just really wanted to get this Sauron Mace order finished sooner as it is limited edition.

*Fingers crossed that shipping four 18 pound maces to my house costs me within my small profit margin!*

Thank you all for your support,

C. Kon

Hi Rev,

Based on a comment Kit made regarding the original packaging on the Sauron Mace not being made properly and the factory sample arriving damaged, we are wondering if you would do myself, and possibly Idril and Mag, the tremendous favour of opening up our boxes once they arrive to you, just to ensure that they are undamaged, at least for that leg of journey.

Kit did say he gave recommendations to UC to alter the packaging to eliminate the problem, but he can't be sure at this time if they listened or not.

I realize this is more work for you, and will certainly understand if you don't want to do it, but please let us know.
This Space for Rent

Return to “New Products, Release Dates, & Updates”