Re: RIP Thranduil

So sad, and so sudden. :'( :'( :'(

He was a passionate man, with strong convictions and a keen sense of humour, always kind and thoughtful. To say that his talent for crafting and bringing the lost treasures of Middle-earth to our hands won't be missed would be a disservice to his amazing creativeness, but mostly I will miss a dear friend.

May the hither shores of Valinor welcome you home at last.

R.I.P., brother. :'(
This Space for Rent

Wow, I'm really saddened by this news. Andrew was an extremely talented master craftsmen and someone I looked up to and enjoyed both our conversations and appreciation for making props. He was a wealth of knowledge and will certainly be missed! I'll treasure my Herugrim scabbard even more now.

R.I.P. my friend :'(

Oh, no. I'm absolutely devastated by this news. He was an amazing soul and talented craftsman who brought much to our fandom. I thought and truly hoped he'd beaten the odds. 2020 simply provides no joy on any front. :'(

RIP, dear Andrew.
Last edited by Buckeye on Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Geez... 2020 continues to be nothing but bad news. Andrew was such a great person. I was very lucky to live in his area for a bit. Had some good times chatting about LOTR, Arms & Armor, and LOTR Arms & Armor. At one point we even discussed him making a Guthwine run since Indy's was taking so long haha. *sigh* good memories.

R.I.P. my friend. May you now use your skills to make Armor for the Gods.
*cheers*
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

I don’t even know where to begin. I remember Thranduil/Andrew being one of the more supportive members here during my first few years. He often encouraged me with projects that sadly never came to fruition but the encouragement was needed. I remember when I began my journey with photography he was there supporting me also.

We’ve lost a great forum member and friend.

I hope he has found peace.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Well, stunned is the word for me. I am very sad to hear this news.

Andrew was a passionate craftsman and willing to share and support others. I will treasure my ‘Thranduil’ pieces all my life.

Rest In Peace Andrew. Well, rest - perhaps you should look for Feanor and get cracking on some more cool stuff.

"In sorrow we must go, but not in despair. Behold! we are not bound for ever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory. Farewell!"

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

This is heartbreaking news. Andrew was a great man and craftsman. I feel lucky and blessed to own some of his works and I will cherish them as the treasures they are in my collection. Rest well, friend.

“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed on into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”

Wow. That is a shock. I know he had not been on the forum much in the past few years, but the last time I remember him posting he said something like he was just stopping by to say he was still on the right side of the grass! Sad news indeed.

Peace brother. See you on the other side.
KRDS

Return to “Other Discussions”