Upgrade 6/1/2021

Good afternoon, all!

We're going to be taking the boards down starting early morning EST on June 1st, 2021 (Tuesday) to apply some upgrades. They'll be brought back up as soon as possible, but it may not be until the following day.

We may be losing our current styling for a short time. We'll make every effort to restore it as soon as possible if we're unable to do so during the Upgrade itself. The goal is to apply the Upgrade as smoothly and quickly as possible to get the boards back up in a timely matter, so if Styling will delay that significantly, we'll hold off and tackle at a later date.

I don't have any sort of changelog that I can refer to as our current version is quite outdated, so I can't really speak to any specific functionality improvements.

If you have any questions, please post them here and I'll do my best to answer!

Re: Upgrade 6/1/2021

Hi Gw. Thanks for all your work.

I look at the forum from an iPad. In the top right hand corner is usually the icons showing messages etc, then my tag. After the upgrade, I can’t seem to be able to go to my messages and no icons for it exist.

I logout out and back in, shut down the page and came back. Still no icons in the top right corner except a red ‘1’ I think to say there is an unread post, my tag pic and a shadow circle in the very corner. No biggie I guess as I can still read and post - just an FYI.

Idril wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:51 am Hi Gw. Thanks for all your work.

I look at the forum from an iPad. In the top right hand corner is usually the icons showing messages etc, then my tag. After the upgrade, I can’t seem to be able to go to my messages and no icons for it exist.

I logout out and back in, shut down the page and came back. Still no icons in the top right corner except a red ‘1’ I think to say there is an unread post, my tag pic and a shadow circle in the very corner. No biggie I guess as I can still read and post - just an FYI.
Can you screenshot it and PM me what it looks like?

One thing I noticed is that in the "Recent Topics" sidebar the first post of a [topic] thread is shown .... it used to show the... well..most recent post (of the Recent Topics :laugh: ).
Can we get that format back? It is very helpful to see at a glance that there has been a post of the latest and greatest thoughts of other "forum-ites" (still love that term :crazy: )

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Deimos wrote: One thing I noticed is that in the "Recent Topics" sidebar the first post of a [topic] thread is shown .... it used to show the... well..most recent post (of the Recent Topics :laugh: ).
Can we get that format back? It is very helpful to see at a glance that there has been a post of the latest and greatest thoughts of other "forum-ites" (still love that term :crazy: )
I won't speak for GW, but I am sure once he figures out the new software updates, he will get the layout and format back what we are used to!
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Can't seem to figure this one out. I think I've found the settings for that feed, and they appear correct, but though the one at the bottom of the forum is doing what it always did, the sidebar one is only displaying the first post in the active topic, instead of the last... :huh:
This Space for Rent

Good afternoon, all!

I've removed the forcing of a specific style on all board members. If you want to switch between one style and another, you can do so through your User Control Panel and Board Settings.

This should help folks using tablets/phones try different styles to see what works best for them.

Return to “Announcements”