Re: Castle Kon is Open For Business

It appears to be sold out - dang I missed the heads up. Have I missed out Rev?

Edit: ok well I had another go and got one. Thanks. 8 hours ago when I saw the heads up, it was marked as sold out.

Rev - somewhat weirdly I paid with PayPal. It never went back to your site. I checked my Pp balance and the money had been paid. Went back to your site and the page displayed was as if I hadn’t paid yet. I checked my account with you and it is saying processing. So I guess all is ok. Please confirm though.

Idril wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:44 pm It appears to be sold out - dang I missed the heads up. Have I missed out Rev?

Edit: ok well I had another go and got one. Thanks. 8 hours ago when I saw the heads up, it was marked as sold out.

Rev - somewhat weirdly I paid with PayPal. It never went back to your site. I checked my Pp balance and the money had been paid. Went back to your site and the page displayed was as if I hadn’t paid yet. I checked my account with you and it is saying processing. So I guess all is ok. Please confirm though.
I am showing the payment complete both on the website and on paypal. Can you send me a screenshot via email or facebook of what the website looks like from your side?
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

Decide what to defend your castle with at www.castlekon.com

Idril wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:33 pm Hey Rev. I’m thinking I am so afraid down the list I won’t get one from you. At least not in the first batch. Can you let me know what you think?
My thoughts:

MC Glamdring was 1000 Limited Pieces: did not sell out, they stopped production bc it did not sell enough.
MC Sting was 3000
Eomer Helm is 1500. I was allowed to pre-order up to 50 in the first batch and another batch is coming in a month.

Anduril is the highest selling UC sword. Chances are, this will be the highest selling super limited edition stuff. These are supposed to be in the $400 range not $4000.

My thoughts are I will probably get around 50 in the first shipment and so many people will cancel their pre-orders to spend $20-$50 more to buy it from a shop in their home country and get it months after I would have delivered, then leaving me with 10-20 of these sitting in my living room :D

You are under the 50 mark, so even if there were no cancellations, I am putting in my order for 50 as soon as they are available. I just don't see this being a limit of 100 or something ridiculous. Chances are it will be 1000-2000 edition size with multiple shipments. UC has already reached out to me to see how many people I have in my queue with $100 down. After I told them I have 54, they said they are going to increase their first run size. So hopes are everyone gets one.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

Val, people will cancel...for some reason, people will always cancel.
Put in an order... I predict you will get one with little trouble.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

And as I said, there is no risk of losing your deposit. I'm keeping all the deposits in a separate account until we know more so I can completely refund every person if necessary.
Deimos wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:41 pm Val, people will cancel...for some reason, people will always cancel.
Put in an order... I predict you will get one with little trouble.

Idril wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:13 pm Thanks Rev. Yeah people are unreliable……….

- except me ;)

“The more people I get to know the more I understand why Noah only allowed animals on the ark”
"Hell is other people."
Last edited by Deimos on Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Lol, not any of you all of course! I have been getting a lot more people who deposit with me to guarantee their spot here in the US, then when BUDK starts shipping a week before I do, they ask for a refund and I cannot change my pre-order amount.

Deimos wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:10 pm Who's jumping on this? (If it has a carbon steel blade I know Jash is. :rolleye: )

Altho' it is very cool and awesome and I love the plaque and banner too, :O I've decided to pass on it.
I have the LE one.... it is good enough for my collecting purposes.
That is, I am not a collector of swords; I collect Wall- Hangers from the stories of ME.
If I collected Swords I would have the MSSC versions.

But anyone else getting it besides Jash?
hahaha... To be honest. I'm still not 100% sold yet; even though I've probably been the most vocal about this sword since the announcement of MC Glamdring :O . I'm waiting to see what other changes will be made, the final prototype, edition size, and, most importantly, price. Being Canadian - I'll have to add in international shipping, converting $, tax, customs, duties, and maybe brokerage. I already own a LE and regular Anduril - so this version will have to really "wow" me in order to add a third.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Jash wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:23 am
hahaha... To be honest. I'm still not 100% sold yet; even though I've probably been the most vocal about this sword since the announcement of MC Glamdring :O . I'm waiting to see what other changes will be made, the final prototype, edition size, and, most importantly, price. Being Canadian - I'll have to add in international shipping, converting $, tax, customs, duties, and maybe brokerage. I already own a LE and regular Anduril - so this version will have to really "wow" me in order to add a third.
That about sums up all my hesitations and procrastination on this into a neat package. Thanks, Jash. :thumbs_up

I don't have the UE Anduril, but I do have the LE, Narsil, and the Shards. I keep asking myself, how many versions of this silly sword do I really need? :crazy2:

Hopefully Rev goes back to using USPS instead of UPS for international packages. For all their warts, USPS remains the most affordable on my end. UPS are nothing but con artists in brown uniforms.
This Space for Rent

Valkrist wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:13 am
Jash wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:23 am
That about sums up all my hesitations and procrastination on this into a neat package. Thanks, Jash. :thumbs_up

I don't have the UE Anduril, but I do have the LE, Narsil, and the Shards. I keep asking myself, how many versions of this silly sword do I really need? :crazy2:

Hopefully Rev goes back to using USPS instead of UPS for international packages. For all their warts, USPS remains the most affordable on my end. UPS are nothing but con artists in brown uniforms.

All shipping is back to USPS except Australians have the option to upgrade to UPS.

Hey Folks! Sorry for the long pause from here. 2021 I got married and promoted in my day job as well as Castle Kon blowing up business wise with the new website.

Fun Updates:
- We now have a Weta license and are trying to get you all way better prices and more responsive service than all other sellers out there like we do with UC products!

- All the 2023 preorders are up with coupon sales! Faramir, Rohan Axe, Strider Scabbard, and Glamdring White Scabbard are all up!

Coupon code: AULE gets you $10 off most items.

As always, if there is a better overall price elsewhere on any products, send me a screenshot and I'll try to beat it!

Www.castlekon.com

RevAnakin wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:57 pm
- We now have a Weta license and are trying to get you all way better prices and more responsive service than all other sellers out there like we do with UC products!
Oh man, you have no idea how great it is to hear that! You are a gift from the gods to the collecting community.

Now that Weta has switched to using UPS only as the shipper for all their Canadian orders, it has become unaffordable to order direct from them anymore. Due to UPS's criminal brokerage fees, a Hobbit Hole or a mini-helm that comes in a tiny box now costs up to as much as the cost of the item itself to have delivered because of UPS. It's brutal. For 1:6 statues, it's even worse, with each one costing an additional $150~$250 in UPS fees. I swear they are my #1 most hated company in the world. :cursing_r

Will you be doing pre-orders on Limited Edition items?
This Space for Rent

Absolutely! And I have also learned a lot recently with more Mexican and Canadian customers. We have been using UPS Expedited which is about $30 more expensive than USPS, but has zero brokerage fees and ignoring UPS standard. But we can totally still do USPS as well.

I have many items in stock now from Epic Minis, to Galadriel's phial.

As for limited edition runs. So fun random fact. I preordered two Argonath... never got them, so I ordered one direct from Weta as a customer for myself. Three months later, my two came...
Anyways, so I JUST got my license through the distributor and am testing the waters. I want to do preorders, like Helm's deep, I preordered 5. However, I don't know if or when I'll get them. If I get the full amount no issues, I'll start doing preorders. If not... I dont want to risk people trusting me to get it, then me having to be like, "sorry you missed out because my distributor didn't take care of me."

So right now, I'm just ordering random stuff, putting it on the website for MAP, then sending loyal customers coupons to be cheapest in the world :)

Sounds good, and I'll be browsing CastleKon a lot more regularly from now on.

Yeah, if UPS Expedited charges a tiny bit more for prompt service but no brokerage fees, that's great. Right now though, i don't trust UPS at all, so I would have to test the Expedited service on an order to see what happens. USPS is way cheaper but the risk is that it takes a bit longer and can be unreliable. To date, I've ordered hundreds of things through USPS and never really had a problem other than a package being ordered from New Mexico that spent a week in Germany before coming to me, and another that spent a month in China, and it came from New Mexico as well (same company). To this day, neither them or I know what happened there, but I did get both packages eventually. xP
This Space for Rent

Absolutely! And with my wife taking over the Weta stock part of the business, and possibly my father taking over the shipping, I can 100% focus on outreach and customer service. I'll be posting here a lot more :)

Hello friends!

We have a TON new UC and Weta items up back in stock!

Remember, we now have even bigger discounted (or free) shipping in the US, discount shipping worldwide, USPS shipping to Canada to lower your import fees, and pretty much guarantee the lowest prices in all of Arda.

If you see a lower price anywhere, send us a screenshot and I'll try and beat it. Buy more? Save more!

Www.castlekon.com

Return to “New Products, Release Dates, & Updates”