Re: Merry Christmas!!

Hope you are all enjoying your day today.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Time is just flying by, looking forward to another year of making the items you hope for.
BTW, today is the 3rd year anniversary of War Horse Armory! :horseback :cheers:
Thank you all for making this endeavor a success :bowing:
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Thranduil wrote:BTW, today is the 3rd year anniversary of War Horse Armory! :horseback :cheers:
Thank you all for making this endeavor a success :bowing:
HUGE congratulations, Thranduil!

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

so ...MCtAatAaGN!**

** MERRY CHRISTMAS to All and to All a Good Night!

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

I am a little late to the party... I hope everyone had a great Christmas and Holiday season! I have been battling the flu and a stomach bug the last couple of weeks, so, needless to say, that is why I have been absent from the forums these last weeks. :(
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

so ...MCtAatAaGN!**

** MERRY CHRISTMAS to All and to All a Good Night!

Anyone forecasted to have a White Christmas?
We are supposed to get some rain....(at 60F it's unlikely to turn into flurries :rolleye: )

MERRY CHRISTMAS, FRIENDS!!!!!!!!! I hope you all have a wonderful day spent with family or friends. And if you do not celebrate, I hope you have a lovely day off, possibly watching the trilogy.

@Deimos, we definitely won’t be having a white Christmas here in SoCal, but it’s expected to rain most of the day, which is about as close to a white Christmas as we’ll ever get.

Striders_Heir wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:20 pm... we definitely won’t be having a white Christmas here in SoCal, but it’s expected to rain most of the day, which is about as close to a white Christmas as we’ll ever get.
Lol...We'll be getting that little bit of rain that is left over when the front moves east of you .

Merry Christmas! I stayed put this year, because of the pandemic. So, I’m making the best of Christmas alone. I made a simple but festive dinner, turned on the fireplace, and am now watching Christmas shows with my cat. Over the past few days, I’ve driven around the area and admired folks’ Christmas lights. Tomorrow, after opening presents, after dinner, I hope to do a little hiking in a county park. It’s going to be quite cold (though snowless), so that may not happen. We’ll see.

In the meantime, I hope everyone is at their destination, safe and sound, covid-free, and making the best of the holidays of this troubled year.
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

Merry Christmas!

We did some gift drop-offs yesterday in what I called a Santa drive-by. Tonight we stayed in and had dinner for four: myself, my wife, my mother, and my wife's aunt. Both of them are seniors that live alone and therefore permitted to be included in a single bubble for the holidays. Quite a difference from last year's Christmas eve dinner, when we had 16 people. :(

Tomorrow will be much quieter. Just the wife and I, and everyone else gets a phone call. Were it not for the awful reason behind it all, I'm rather enjoying this quiet holiday season. Now if I could just find the new Xbox in stock somewhere... my tree will be missing one gift for some time yet. :'(
This Space for Rent

Merry Christmas Everyone.
Christmas Eve was quiet.

Today I am off to a gathering of friends, 16 people 15 of whom are all related, except for yours truly.
We did this at Thanksgiving, with 23 people...no masks, no social distancing , and thus far, no illness.
But then, there was a lot of free flowing alcohol which, as you know, kills germs. :laugh:

So, again, no masks, no distancing, and a lot of liquid "cheer".
Like the Thanksgiving gathering I will be the oldest person present. We shall see if my luck holds... but Fortes fortuna adjuviat.

Nasnandos wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:36 am Merry Christmas to all. I hope you got some LOTR goodies under the tree!

We had the first snow on Christmas Eve in over 20 years, so that was a nice surprise.

Very cool snowman! (Pun intended :laugh: )
Are you in the Atlanta metro area?

Nasnandos wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:18 am No, I'm in east Tennessee at the moment. Heading back down to Georgia next week. The snow days are usually late Jan- early March here in TN, so this was unusual.
I wondered because one of my brothers lived in Marietta for about 20 years.
He mentioned it snowing only a few times, with no accumulation to speak of.
So I was really surprised at your post, thinking you were showing a pic from the Atlanta area.

But you've got a White Christmas and that is splendid!

Merry Christmas UCForums Family! I hope Santa was good to everyone this year. I couldn't partake in some of my usual Christmas week traditions... but it was still nice and relaxing. If anyone would like to make a replica Kit Rae snowman... we just had a 3 day snowstorm, i'll be happy to mail some snow your way :P
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!"

Merry Christmas all.

We had quite the normal Christmas here in oz except I couldn’t cook as I’ve broken my wrist.

Had a massive surprise gift from a distant family member who dropped in. He is decluttering and gave me his only two lotr items as a present. Well of course, I already have them but how could I refuse Gimli’s battle and walking axe in perfect packaging. I did ask him if he wanted me to buy them off him but he was adamant it was a gift.

I hope 2021 is a surprisingly wonderful year for us all.

Yes a very Merry Christmas! to one and all forum-ites! (That include all you lurkers, too :big_wave: )

OK, some seasonal humor courtesy of Gary Larson....

FS Christmas 1.jpg
FS Christmas 4.jpg
FS Chocolates.jpg
FS Christmas 2.jpg
FS Christmas 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just a quick note to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, and if you're in central North America (or any cold place), to stay warm! It's been below 0° F all day, and the wind is blowing almost 30 mph too. We got a couple of inches of snow overnight but the wind is scouring so hard that the grass is poking through in most places. But hey, I don't have to go outside (well, still debating about going to the mailbox or not), I'm going to make tostadas shortly, watch Christmas movies this evening, and snuggle with a warm purring cat, so it's fine.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to everyone, and I hope your stockings are stuffed full and your tree stands amidst great drifts of gifts!
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

Return to “Announcements”